• Evil

Votes: 83 25.4%
  • Nick Barmby

Votes: 78 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be a downside, coming back after while and being able to just turn it on, sign of a class player to be fair.

I don't put any credence in someone playing well against us in that fixture. We make anyone with an inch of talent look a world beater

Not hate from me just the realisation he wont ever be the player in that position we so desperately need. Just look at Coutinho today, that is what Ross should be doing.

If you give a player of Coutinho's quality mate that much time on the ball he's going to hurt you, he ran the game because we allowed him the space to do it. We should have been snapping at his heels, in his face, you do that, he goes missing.

Said it earlier but Can and Lucas bossed the midfield as well, can't believe I'm actually saying it, but again, Can and Lucas bossed the midfield!

All we all asked was for the lads to put a full shift in and we didn't even get that.I could take a loss if we had given everything but we gave NOTHING.As for our captain's rallying war cry 'Win it for Seamus' ...... Pathetic.
Disagree the effort was there the quality wasnt!

At least in the 90s when we were [Poor language removed]. You would know that form would go out the window and we could cause at upset. Now days these players are going through the motions and aren't arsed.

Match report. There will be no MOTM poll today. There wasn't one.

3ECED03000000578-0-image-a-7_1490964674714.jpg

We started the game with umpteen injuries to key players yet with a youthful starting line up.

And what did you expect from the start? Mane put Liverpool ahead within minutes of kick off. Bad defending (although Holgate looked decent), and Pennington in a bit of a baptism of fire, needing guidance from the two more experienced defenders, which he sadly didn't get.

He did however, get a goal to equalise for us in our first real attacking chance. Well in lad. Not that we were level for long - a goal from Coutinho put them ahead again.

No changes at half time, and we saw a slightly better showing at first, but it was not enough. 3-1 to Liverpool was how it stayed despite Everton's best efforts to let Liverpool win by a larger margin.

Even after the introduction of Mirallas, Barry and Valencia, there will be no MOTM for me today. In mean that as no disrespect to the young lads, but something has got to change against these.

The zero desire shown is not the Everton I recognise.

Bottling most derbies over there is our unacceptable default mode so this display is par for the course. Its a disgrace though that our passing was so openly lazy and abysmal...underpaced, misplaced or over hit. Basics absent.. tackling half hearted and useless or full on and mistimed...their achilles heel in the air at the back rarely tested apart from our goal. Poorer players are now beyond further excuses displaying their weaknesses with all the reluctance of peacocks. Well used to defeat after all these years and the young lads apart, its these gutless factors that cut me to the quick.

If you give a player of Coutinho's quality mate that much time on the ball he's going to hurt you, he ran the game because we allowed him the space to do it. We should have been snapping at his heels, in his face, you do that, he goes missing.

Said it earlier but Can and Lucas bossed the midfield as well, can't believe I'm actually saying it, but again, Can and Lucas bossed the midfield!

that's one of the worst central midfield pairings in the league for as well, they're both slow, offer nothing going forward, they don't have the best positional awareness. But nothing to do again today, very poor from us.

not anything to do with pennington not ready, i just don't think he's good enough, he's 22/23 now, same age as lukaku but is miles away from that standard. I like holgate, but don't think he's a right back, we have to play kenny there for the rest of the season and see what he's made of.

Yes you are right about Pennington. Holgate is not a right back but for certain he is not a CB especially in a back 4. He is atrocious in the air to be a CB. From pre-season to now he is not any better in the air.

Thinking about the goals we conceded, it would have been a different game if we had Coleman and Funes Mori.

Not saying we would have won, because we're bottlers, but it might have been a bit less painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.