New Everton Stadium Discussion

C8KfUonUAAMSSdo.jpg

Unrelated but Hertha Berlin just announced a new 55,000 capacity stadium to be built adjacent to the Olympic stadium. Seems like most new stadiums or expansions are around 50-60k. Spurs 61k, Chelsea 60k, Hertha 55k, Roma 52k.

C8KfUonUAAMSSdo.jpg

Unrelated but Hertha Berlin just announced a new 55,000 capacity stadium to be built adjacent to the Olympic stadium. Seems like most new stadiums or expansions are around 50-60k. Spurs 61k, Chelsea 60k, Hertha 55k, Roma 52k.

Why do they want to move out of that decent stadium? especially next door?

I'm guessing it's for financial reasons ie: they don't receive all the profit from the olympic stadium currently.

Another day at the Red Echo office(Ps I am very bored at work)

Echo chief Sports Editor:
Nice try with the Dooms Day, Apocalypse story Chad

Bad News O'Keeffe:
It’s Greg sir.

Really? Who the hell is Chad?

Bad News O'Keeffe:
No Idea sir.

Oh! Anyway - GREG, as I was saying. Nice try on the whole apocalypse, day of judgement angle. I was sure the fine God fearing people of this great city would buy it. Back in my day you didn’t need science or evidence to proves things as fact! No, back in my day just the word of trusted and well respected professionals in the local community were fact enough but that’s the modern world for you. I blame hip hop and video games.

Bad News O'Keeffe:

I got it gaffer! What if we tell everyone that Everton’s stadium plans will serious effect local heritage sites?

Good god man, is that true?

Bad News O'Keeffe:
Maybe?

That’s as good as a yes for me. Get it to print right away!

Bad News O'Keeffe:
Yes chief!

That’s my boy. Now, pass me a new loo roll, Some of that LFC Premierleague champions 16/17 cake we have left over from October and get out my personal bathroom.

Because the liver bird, like it or not, is now in the eyes of the world, the symbol of LFC.

There's no good reason for putting it on our stadium. It isn't going to be LFC's stadium. Nor is it going to be the City of Liverpool's stadium. It's OUR stadium. Why on earth would we want to give that shower free advertising?
No mate it is not the symbol of LFC in the eyes of the world .
The Liver Birds are the City's emblem and crest as seen on many things in and around the city. To say it is "theirs " is way off the mark.

No mate it is not the symbol of LFC in the eyes of the world .
The Liver Birds are the City's emblem and crest as seen on many things in and around the city. To say it is "theirs " is way off the mark.
Yes it is. Rightly or wrongly, it just is. Maybe I should say "the footballing world", but the fact remains. The world at large has no clue what the liver birds' true/original significance is.

Not saying it SHOULD be that way, but that's just the reality. Putting the liver bird on our stadium would serve no purpose other than sticking a middle finger up at LFC - and personally I think it's far more important than that. Not to mention that it would be a woeful example of mixed messaging from a commercial/brand identity standpoint.

C8KfUonUAAMSSdo.jpg

Dan.... if you're looking at this.... No lad ok... just NO!:D