2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be surprised if we end up getting young players priced between 5-12 mill, who are relatively unknown. This seems to be his modus operandi. This approach would be in line with our ability to do busines in regards to the ffp.

Massive summer for Thelwell still. He was hired for his talent of finding bargains and he needs to deliver. Make or break transfer window for him. He needs to get it spot on

Isn't that what Southampton did last season? Spent a 100 million on 8 players with no one aged over 25 years.

Dunno why people are pretending he's some transfer guru who is gonna have a great summer all of a sudden.

Players we were linked with in Jan:
Ouattara 22.5 million. 1 Goal
Sulemana 25 million. 2 goals
Rutter 28 million 0 goals
Tall Paul 18 million 0 goals
Andre Ayew Free 0 goals
Orsic 6 million 0 goals
Cunha 45 million. 2 goals
Danny Ings 12 million 2 goals
Danjuma Loan 1 goal
Schade 22 million. 0 goals
Mudryk 70 million 0 goals

If you wanna include the other swings and misses you can add that Beto and Sarr who went on to score 3 goals each for Udinese and Watford after we bid for 30 mill for both. Arnautovic and Dembele both did nothing after January either. McNeil and Doucoure outscored the lot of them.
You’re just listing players who were vaguely mentioned in the same tweet as us at some point. The point you’re proving is that there was absolutely crap value available in the January window, and I’m not sure that can be used to criticise a DoF who didn’t actually sign any of them.

You’re just listing players who were vaguely mentioned in the same tweet as us at some point. The point you’re proving is that there was absolutely crap value available in the January window, and I’m not sure that can be used to criticise a DoF who didn’t actually sign any of them.
Multiple sources back up multiple players on that list including us having bidded for them and wanting them.

Would you still be disagreeing if we had got relegated because this bellend couldn't get a striker through the door.

Here's some words to explain the role he's overseen

GROSS NEGLIGENCE

He could sign Messi for all I care, the only reason we are still up is due to sheer luck.

3 strikers - 4 goals

My mum would be a better DoF than him.

Which centre forward that moved in Jan did you want him to sign?

From what I heard from Bobble etc was that everyone knew we were desperate to put their fees and prices up. And we still went in.

Sarr was going to get a £4mill bonus payment if we'd stayed up as well as forking out £30mill obligation to buy to Watford on top of a £2mill loan fee.

When you hear those things...it puts doubt in your mind

@Nymzee this is why i think we have a £30-40mil budget.

Which centre forward that moved in Jan did you want him to sign?

@Nymzee this is why i think we have a £30-40mil budget.

I'm not a DoF and he needed to sign a proper stiker who would fit our system in August not in January.

It's all very well saying oh he was lookingst Mudryk or Gakpo so that bodes well.

Guess what, I watched Del Pieros debut for Juve when Baggio was injured and I could tell he was a talent straight from the off. Does that make me a boss scout because I could spot a player? No.

No good picking names like a needle in a haystack if you can't get a player to sign on the dotted line.

WE WERE 30 MINUTES (plus 10,000 minutes in added time) FROM BEING RELEGATED.

He's incompetent, it was gross negligence and the only reason he hasnt been fired was because the people above him need to be fired too and they aren't in a position to fire anyone due to their own gross incompetence.

I simply don't want to hear anyone chatting [Poor language removed] about him deserving a 2nd chance, hands are tied, tough working conditions blah blah blah 30 MINUTES FROM BEING RELEGATED- 3 STRIKERS WHO SCORED 4 GOALS

It's actually a piss take we avoided relegation with the striker options we had.

I'm not a DoF and he needed to sign a proper stiker who would fit our system in August not in January.

It's all very well saying oh he was lookingst Mudryk or Gakpo so that bodes well.

Guess what, I watched Del Pieros debut for Juve when Baggio was injured and I could tell he was a talent straight from the off. Does that make me a boss scout because I could spot a player? No.

No good picking names like a needle in a haystack if you can't get a player to sign on the dotted line.

WE WERE 30 MINUTES (plus 10,000 minutes in added time) FROM BEING RELEGATED.

He's incompetent, it was gross negligence and the only reason he hasnt been fired was because the people above him need to be fired too and they aren't in a position to fire anyone due to their own gross incompetence.

I simply don't want to hear anyone chatting [Poor language removed] about him deserving a 2nd chance, hands are tied, tough working conditions blah blah blah 30 MINUTES FROM BEING RELEGATED- 3 STRIKERS WHO SCORED 4 GOALS

It's actually a piss take we avoided relegation with the striker options we had.
Who would you replace him with? That would actually come to the club, like.

Who would you replace him with? That would actually come to the club, like.

A traffic cone would be more useful

Seriously, I'm not a DoF as I don't get paid to spend days on end watching other football from other countries.

What I do know is

Walsh failed
Brands failed
Thelwell is failing

I want Moshiri gone
Kenwright, Baxendale, Sharp, Ingles gone
Thelwell gone

With a new team of people who have a far better understanding than the muppets I've mentioned above.

I don't think we do have that kinda a budget. I think it was the Gordon money more than likely spread over a long contract.

But that money has gone

Where would the Gordon money have suddenly gone...or the Kean money?

If we had £30-36mil to use for Ismaila Sarr or £40mil+ for Gallagher then there must be £30mil+ in the budget.

A traffic cone would be more useful

Seriously, I'm not a DoF as I don't get paid to spend days on end watching other football from other countries.

What I do know is

Walsh failed
Brands failed
Thelwell is failing

I want Moshiri gone
Kenwright, Baxendale, Sharp, Ingles gone
Thelwell gone

With a new team of people who have a far better understanding than the muppets I've mentioned above.
Totally get where you’re coming from but it’s the board that’s the root of it all, isn’t it? We could have the combined scouting / recruitment networks of City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Brighton, and with it without a DOF we’d still be bringing in crap players on inflated wages because of meddling from above.

You’re right, muppets the lot of them.

Totally get where you’re coming from but it’s the board that’s the root of it all, isn’t it? We could have the combined scouting / recruitment networks of City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Brighton, and with it without a DOF we’d still be bringing in crap players on inflated wages because of meddling from above.

You’re right, muppets the lot of them.

Yes the board are the issue, but they've hired 3 DoF without a backbone between them.

None of them get any sympathy from me when they're happy to take a wage that means they're part of the problem.

Sack the board and start everything again.

Status
Not open for further replies.