2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder Klopp fell foul of him. Dyche has his fully functional BS detector on full blast at all times.

We'll get no duplicitous nonsense from this feller.

People have been fed fake sugar for so long, they don't realise how sick its made them.

Hes going to sort this club out - no mistake.

This club needs a good dose of self awareness and realism.

Yep.

We need to see a solid pre-season boot camp and recruitment of players with good character as much as quality.

Dyche has fallen into our laps. We cant let this feller go before he properly stabilises us. I'd take 14th/15th next season right now in a heartbeat. And I think Dyche with a couple of signings can gets us to that no problem.
I wouldn't. That would mean nothing has changed in reality.

We were a win against Southampton at home this season to get to that mark.
Would you really take this season again with just one more win?

People are going to get hurt in the future. I just think that's worth pointing out.

I know but there’s an alternative scenario where Dyche is able to put out Everton teams that have a striker and fullbacks in them more often than not over the course of a season.

He’s kept us up by having a PPG ratio better than any of our competitions down at the bottom. I don’t know how anyone can hold this against him. If he’d come in earlier we’d have probably been safer a lot sooner.

I don’t want him out I’m just not convinced he’ll see out Christmas.
Dyche's remit this season from the owner/board will be the same as it's been for the last 2-3 years: "keep us in the Premier League". That's it.

If we're in the relegation mix come January, his fate will be the same as the two blokes before him. If we're a few places above with a fair points cushion, he's safe as houses til seasons end at minimum. Last thing the club are going to want to do is pay off yet another manager and go again if they don't have to.

Fit players, strong work ethic, play as a team, defend as a unit and ve prepared to put your body on the line to do it, well drilled set plays (defending and attacking), creating goal scoring opportunities.

All basics that I expect to see under Dyche and fairly early in next season. He does that, then he has a season to keep on improving the team and showing that we are putting in the foundations for a trophy challenging side.

It's a huge job. I think he has little wriggle room for transfers so it's the same players more or less. I hope he gets a striker and full back otherwise he is being given a hospital pass from the club.

Good luck to him.

I know but there’s an alternative scenario where Dyche is able to put out Everton teams that have a striker and fullbacks in them more often than not over the course of a season.

He’s kept us up by having a PPG ratio better than any of our competitions down at the bottom. I don’t know how anyone can hold this against him. If he’d come in earlier we’d have probably been safer a lot sooner.
Yes by being better than Lampard. The squad isn't a relegation squad as much as people want to believe it is.

Yes by being better than Lampard. The squad isn't a relegation squad as much as people want to believe it is.

No, it's not. And that's why a full season of Dyche would keep us safe.
Maybe. People are way too confident that a 44 point pace can't go sideways quickly when it absolutely can. But beyond that you have to ask will a full season of Dyche progress us at all? If the answer is no it is time to move on.

Fwiw I'm not 100% sure the answer is no. I do have doubts but without actually being privy to Dyche's plans I can't say all the way.

Dyche has his problems, but has proved to be a competent manager which is absolutely what Lampard wasn't.

Dyche make some decisions which baffle me personally, but he has earned the right for this next season to see what he could do. The football, and chances created in particular, has been at a much better standard than I expected.

I imagine that the forward line will be much improved this next window, and that in itself will help him.

Maybe. People are way too confident that a 44 point pace can't go sideways quickly when it absolutely can. But beyond that you have to ask will a full season of Dyche progress us at all? If the answer is no it is time to move on.

Fwiw I'm not 100% sure the answer is no. I do have doubts but without actually being privy to Dyche's plans I can't say all the way.
Of course it can go sideways. But I am confident of sticking with Dyche through a bad spell.

Dyche has his problems, but has proved to be a competent manager which is absolutely what Lampard wasn't.

Dyche make some decisions which baffle me personally, but he has earned the right for this next season to see what he could do. The football, and chances created in particular, has been at a much better standard than I expected.

I imagine that the forward line will be much improved this next window, and that in itself will help him.
Absolutely. Of course, if he puts Michael Keane back in the starting line up every week next season then he has learned absolutely nothing and will be inviting serious pressure on himself if it costs results.

Status
Not open for further replies.