New Everton Stadium Discussion

For it to be 1.8:1 they would've had to go to bigger treads than they have. They're only 750mm. That equates to 1.3 to 1.5:1 at the most. I think only 7500 seats are earmarked for rail seats at present, which would equate to approx 2-4k uplift, if legislation is ever changed.

They might be able to expand the rail seats if the corresponding concourses allow.

Pretty sure that the stadium guides specify a 350mm tread depth for standing. The design of the rails seating they're using takes up 50mm of space, leaving 2 350mm depths for double rows.

If a standard row is converted into standing, then the ratio is actually less than 1:1 due to standing spectators needing more width when standing (ever notice how rows spill out into the concourse at half time)

Pretty sure that the stadium guides specify a 350mm tread depth for standing. The design of the rails seating they're using takes up 50mm of space, leaving 2 350mm depths for double rows.

If a standard row is converted into standing, then the ratio is actually less than 1:1 due to standing spectators needing more width when standing (ever notice how rows spill out into the concourse at half time)

Yes.... 2 × 350mm + 50mm for rail seat corresponds to a seated tier of 750mm. This is the bare minimum for greater than 1:1 ratio. The green guide still has a minimum personal spacial allowance. That only equates to 1.3 to 1.5:1 ratio for 750mm seated tread depth. Most German stadia where rail seats are 800 up to 1000mm for that reason.

It is always felt about right to me. I have been to the Emirates and the new Spurs stadium and 60k starts to feel cavernous and you lose intimacy.
Yea, not sure how safe standing will effect final capacity but seeing the difference between Highbury and the Emirates, It looks like they could have hit the sweet spot.
Upton Park, Highbury, Whitehart lane all needed to be updated but I think each club went too far.
Chelseas various new plans look reasonable size wise.

It is always felt about right to me. I have been to the Emirates and the new Spurs stadium and 60k starts to feel cavernous and you lose intimacy.

But you forget that those stadiums are not exactly designed for the intimacy like ours. BMD could have been 60,000 and still 'intimate'. As was originally mooted.

If only they were building another tier on the east and west stands right now....

I don't think it would make it any less 'intimate'.