Summer transfer window 2023

Buy back clauses are also the lesser evil compared to the alternative which is big clubs hoarding young players and shipping them out on different loans for half their careers. And I’m struggling to think of many that have been actually exercised.

Would the young players agents just get savvy and not sign long term deals and if there are signs they aren't going to get a chance, just go elsewhere for 1st team football?

Couldn't this go hand in hand with limiting the amount of loans to other clubs you can do to stop stockpiling young players?

Buy back clauses are also the lesser evil compared to the alternative which is big clubs hoarding young players and shipping them out on different loans for half their careers. And I’m struggling to think of many that have been actually exercised.
Deulofeu for us back to Barca, off the top of my head. In general, only the biggest clubs have enough talent to farm it out for development with a sale-buyback deal, and they're not selling if they think the player is likely to slot in as a rotation player in the immediate future. We don't see a ton of options picked up because relatively few players in that bin break through hard enough to get behemoth clubs to exercise the option.

Would the young players agents just get savvy and not sign long term deals and if there are signs they aren't going to get a chance, just go elsewhere for 1st team football?

Couldn't this go hand in hand with limiting the amount of loans to other clubs you can do to stop stockpiling young players?
Not feasible due to the risk of injury. When they're young, they effectively have to sell a stake in their lottery ticket for immediate financial security, should one horrible moment undo everything. In practice, the biggest talents break through, and the next tier tends to force their way to places like Dortmund and Leipzig to prove they're the real deal.

?

Yeah i think i noted that hes 20 quick and agile in my post...if Dyche sets up to counter then he could be effective.

Ive just seen 2 players i like at Valencia from time to time (Mamarsashvili + Gaya)and Musah seems to get moved off the ball quite easily and doesnt have the cutting edge.

Im just wondering if theres any more to his game hes showing for the US team or what im missing for the hype ?
Given the stature of clubs who have reportedly expressed interest in him, I suspect it is you who is in fact missing the boat. Time will tell.

I news:

i understands Dyche intends to overhaul the club’s squad and rebuild the team with an emphasis on pace, power and energy. He will hope Everton move quicker and with more conviction than they did last summer when Frank Lampard grew frustrated at the length of time it took to secure key deals.

“The need for a goalscorer is particularly pressing. Only Wolverhampton Wanderers scored fewer times than Everton, whose miserly record of 34 goals in 38 games was inflated by the remarkable 5-1 win at Brighton.

“They are long-term admirers of Coventry‘s Viktor Gyokeres while i understands that contact was made with Roma over the availability of striker Tammy Abraham in January. But whether either target is realistic given likely inflated prices is another matter.”
I’d find it hilarious if Dyche was the one to make us a modern footy team. Out of all the managers we’ve had he is one of the last I’d expect but I agree that is the direction we should take.

Onana probably needs to go and honestly it's sensible business to do so. But if we are really asking for 60m I'd expect nobody will want to match that. Based on what he's shown so far.

I hope we fully utilise the loan market this season. The fact we only had 1 foreign and 1 domestic last year felt like a waste especially as one was vinagre who barely played a minute.

If we can get 4 loans all of which will contribute, that is going to be key in plugging the gaps and making sure we don't end up in the position we were in the last few years.

If 10 is absolutely crap, what’s the rest of our squad? Calling him diabolical when he’s more creative than all the Brighton lads is just daft.
Notice how the Brighton chances are spread out. He is definitely not more creative than any of those players we just happen to run the team through Iwobi because he can carry the ball downfield. He meanders too much and his quality of chances created are nowhere near what we need in regards to this year.

Everton FC’s Transfer Window will open a day before it is shut, and then shut in a flurry of glorious failures after Big Bill and Kev, the indomitable double act worked tirelessly around the clock

Notice how the Brighton chances are spread out. He is definitely not more creative than any of those players we just happen to run the team through Iwobi because he can carry the ball downfield. He meanders too much and his quality of chances created are nowhere near what we need in regards to this year.
They had statistically the best attacking numbers in the league for much of the season. They’re a brilliantly coached side with some very clever footballers, and they’re well drilled in a system that sees them create chances.

I don’t even think Iwobi is brilliant, but he’s a damn sight better than some seem able to give him credit for and it’s getting boring seeing him slated all the time. He, along with Dwight, is one of few creative players in a crap team with little to no identity, and yet some can’t seem to wait to get rid of him. We need to add to our creative players, not remove them.

The guy I responded to literally linked a table which showed he was more creative than them from open play.

Guess they’ll be interested him as a replacement for Mac Alister then seeing as generic spreadsheet A says he’s a better player. Also he should attract the same sort of interested clubs and prices as them as well. Excited to see how this goes.

Guess they’ll be interested him as a replacement for Mac Alister then seeing as generic spreadsheet A says he’s a better player. Also he should attract the same sort of interested clubs and prices as them as well. Excited to see how this goes.
Be flippant all you want. Literally all I’ve pointed out is that he’s basically our only creative player who has done well this season. I don’t even think he’s brilliant. Not sure why you’re determined to argue with that.