Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but coordinating that was impressive. They were a relegation threatened club just over a year ago.
I'm just bias, I still firmly believe that the whole Saudi thing needs to be called out every time some pundit says how well Newcastle are doing. The whole takeover there stinks even more than footballs already low moral standards

Sorry, totally off topic rant

I'm just bias, I still firmly believe that the whole Saudi thing needs to be called out every time some pundit says how well Newcastle are doing. The whole takeover there stinks even more than footballs already low moral standards

You're right.

Just like it was supposed to be during the midseason World Cup in Qatar? :hayee:

It will be the same outcome.

You are right though.

….especially considering what he had at his disposal.

He appears to have assessed individuals, concluding the likes of Maupay, Simms, Holgate and Godfrey were not good enough. He was even astute enough to eventually discard Keane in favour of Mina & Coady.

There was one post-match interview on TV over the weekend where he said he knows exactly what this team needs, ’it’s all in here’ he said as he tapped his temple. He’s uncomplicated and I think he has a very clear view on every player he has and what he needs.

I was surprised to see a number of players in FF yesterday but I expect Dyche is meeting with every one of them over the coming days to tell many that they are not in his plans for next season. I’m hoping Thelwell is given the boot, but Dyche will have a list of requirements that needs meeting & I expect it looks like;

1) A progressive and effective central striker (El Bilal Toure links this morning are encouraging). We wouldn’t be in this position if we had one.
2) A creative goalscoring wide player who offers genuine threat.
3) A left-back. I get the impression he’s not enamoured with Mykolenko, although I am hopeful young Ishe Samuels-Smith could be the real deal.
Yes, he wont be standing on ceremony.

There'll be a swift cull and a major sale and he'll be looking to get a tough pre-season in.

They need taking to that boot camp in Austria Moyes used.

We're in safe hands.

When people say ‘we can’t be in this position again’ it’s not because we’re too big to be there. The league is a meritocracy, we’ve stayed up all these times because we’ve been better than three other teams, not because we’re too big to go down.

If we refuse to learn the lessons of the last two seasons, we will eventually go down. If we keep leaving managers without credible options in key positions for huge periods of a season we will go down at some point.

Moshiri needs to give Dyche the resources he needs to ensure this doesn’t happen next season but the only way we ensure this ‘never happens again’ is by keeping the commitment to challenge at the top of the table. Complacent drift put us in this position and it did for Leicester this season. I’m hoping we’ve learned our lessons without actually receiving the ultimate punishment.

Glad Leeds have gone down, never liked them and that goes back to the Revie time. They were a dirty bunch the lot of them.
Also glad to see Leicester City relegated. Especially after listening to some guy rant and rave on the radio yesterday. Ranting about how he hated Everton. Ranting about how awful we are. . Ranting about ho
You've missed one notable name off that list
Chelsea.

When people say ‘we can’t be in this position again’ it’s not because we’re too big to be there. The league is a meritocracy, we’ve stayed up all these times because we’ve been better than three other teams, not because we’re too big to go down.

If we refuse to learn the lessons of the last two seasons, we will eventually go down. If we keep leaving managers without credible options in key positions for huge periods of a season we will go down at some point.

Moshiri needs to give Dyche the resources he needs to ensure this doesn’t happen next season but the only way we ensure this ‘never happens again’ is by keeping the commitment to challenge at the top of the table. Complacent drift put us in this position and it did for Leicester this season. I’m hoping we’ve learned our lessons without actually receiving the ultimate punishment.
I don’t think we are better then Leicester and I’m still baffled how they went down, they are a better team then us with generally better players they just completely imploded a few months back

Things need to change, for a start we need a fit striker

Only Celtic have more top flight seasons... but we still have more top flight games.
What have Celtic got to do with any comparison? They play in a Mickey Mouse league.If we searched hard enough there might be a Peruvian club or a Soloman Islands club with "a better record". I would start searching in say Russia and then work your way down. Maybe Real Madrid if you want to be serious.

The club needs to get a whole lot of decisions right between now and the start of next season to stand any chance of avoiding another disaster season... I don't trust them to get close to any sort of meaningful change.

What have Celtic got to do with any comparison? They play in a Mickey Mouse league.If we searched hard enough there might be a Peruvian club or a Soloman Islands club with "a better record". I would start searching in say Russia and then work your way down. Maybe Real Madrid if you want to be serious.
They call Everton embarrassing for celebrating staying up but it’s not as bad as they way Celtic celebrated winning the pub cup for the billionth time

Status
Not open for further replies.