2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to forget that Dyche did all this without Richarlison.

Most of us thought we were gone after the horrendous January window. Throw in an endless amount of injuries as well. Going into this last game with no proper CF and no fullbacks. He has done so, so well.

Thanks Sean.

And for a great while no DCL.

Love Sean.

He's exactly the type of manager that we need right now.

A lot of fans seem to think we're Real Madrid.

We've been terrible and have had no direction for years now, he's exactly the type of manger that we need.

Let him build a team and focus on the basics.

I agree mostly , but the only concern i have is that is it another drastic change in direction - tactics, transfers, squad, youth policy, new personnel ... are we resetting again, and this time with no money? Dyche seems to talk a really good game, but we might be looking at a year in which the target is just 50 points or something. We are not gonna be going up in the table like Villa, Newcastle or Brighton sadly, but i really hope we are proved wrong. At least one of the 'traditional top 6' always have an off-year, and so there's always at least 2 places up for grabs in the top 8 and LFC, Spurs and Chelsea are all in transition. WIsh we could look upwards fast!

More positives than negatives and I think he's done a good job with what he was given. Had to make decisions about formation/team selections when he was still learning about the players. Overall, he did the job he was asked to do and I have a lot more confidence in his ability to improve us than the previous two incumbents.

Hope he enjoys his bonus payment, recharges his batteries and gets us fit and ready for the new season - thanks for not spoiling my summer.

He's earned my thanks

Dyche has been a failure and should be sacked once we get relegated. I don’t see us going through and we cant rely on Mina to fill the void. We need to stay away from English managers. Most of the fan calls were for lampard and dyche you reap what you sow my friends. These were idiotic calls and were off to the championship.

Had we went with Allardyce instead we would have been up and we wouldn’t be relying on the last game.

Whoever spray painted lampard in at the goodison gate needs to be back slapped twice. Brain was not working there.
How's this working out my pedigree chum?

We are in competition next season so will stop looking with such interest. Dyche can restructure a squad with very little funding. If he signs five or six solid characters you will be mid-table and solid which is progress before the stadium move.

He got 21 points in 18 games. Do that over a season and it's 44 points. He may not be glamourous but I think he deserves another season and earned it
To be fair to him, that was with no proper striker, a load of championship level players, a completely imbalanced squad, tons of injuries and the worst ran club in the league. Fair play to him when you take all of that into account i guess.

He was handed a squad bereft of confidence and in free fall, given no reinforcements, has had lots of injuries to deal with, yet managed to get the job done.

Really hope the people in charge of transfers help him to get rid of some the dross, and sign some proper players in key positions. If we don’t sign at least one striker before August, I’ll spontaneously combust with rage.

Spot on this.

"Players can get trapped in low-level acceptance and there have been times where they have thought it will be all right and it won't be all right. You have to continually work for it - you can't just accept all right, you have to strive for more.

"You've got to remember, the rhetoric around here has been negative all the time. There is an undercurrent at Everton Football Club. We've got to change that. It's only us that can change that."

Status
Not open for further replies.