Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one for rallying cries or being dramatic, but this is it. THIS IS IT.

For those who haven’t been through a final day shoot out, it’s going to be unbearable.
I went to Wimbledon, and like thousands, couldn’t get into ground. Queued up in despair outside. Went to Coventry and what a stressful 90 minutes that was.

To the fans who haven’t been through this. This is what your dad, uncle and older brothers went through. It was their generation and their responsibility back then, as fans, to get the team over the line, and save the club.
And they did.. twice.

Now the responsibility falls to this generation to do the same. The younger fans to make the noise, create the atmosphere for the 90 minutes.

Give everything YOU can, in the stands, to help the players give everything THEY can. On the pitch.
The big difference, for me, though is that in 1994 and 1998 a huge proportion of our crowd - almost all of it - had seen us win titles, cups, and European trophies. That crowd was outraged at the potential demise of a giant. Today, a huge proportion of our crowd has known only mediocrity. The angry entitlement and bloody-minded determination to right a temporary wrong just doesn't exist any more. A giant is not going down. A shriveled old club, no longer relevant, is tottering to an inevitable end.

In other words: this fall has been a long time coming.

We're staying up!!

Been thinking, Forest and now possibly Coventry back up. The writing's on the wall we're going..

Unlucky Coventry..

My theory = All the away teams involved tomorrow on the beach. Think all may pack 18yd box and midfied and prevent home team from scoring. Done a silly bet of - ALL three matches to end in a draw - Hills £515 for a £10 stake. So Everton stay up and i win money !!!!! Everton 16/5 Leeds 5/2 Leicester 5/2.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.