Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier league 6 months ago " nothing to answer for , done nothing wrong"

Premier League today" done so much wrong were gonna deduct points THIS year ignoring what clelsea and city have done"

Grow the f up, nothing wil happen this season, if it does it will cause a riot

I don't really understand the legal grounds for suing as indirect losses look hard to prove. Direct losses such as Player Impairment attributable to Covid, dunno about that.

Otoh selling £100m does show willing.

How is the stadium expenditure accounted for in 2021-22.

The irony is, hes contradicting what you said, when you tried to blag us and say no business could sue another business unless both sides consented!
Mate, Damo is in this with an agenda: his hobby horse is seeing Everton's board removed and he doesnt much care about how it happens. If that means killing the host that those parasites feed off then that'll just be collateral damage.

He's a crusader who's lost sight of the bigger picture and wont thank you for making a case that mitigates matters for Everton. He's hoping the club is sunk with a big points deduction. That much seems obvious to me.

ONLY IF THEY HAVE CAUSE (OF ACTION)

How many times do we have to spell it out?

You are contradicting yourself and changing what you are saying now.

But I'm glad you have finally accepted a business, can take another business to court if they wish. And the rulebook wont prevent that process.

I didnt think we would get there, but we can agree on that at least.

Mate, Damo is in this with an agenda: his hobby horse is seeing Everton's board removed and he doesnt much care about how it happens. If that means killing the host that those parasites feed off then that'll just be collateral damage.

He's a crusader who's lost sight of the bigger picture and wont thank you for making a case that mitigates matters for Everton. He's hoping the club is sunk with a big points deduction. That much seems obvious to me.

🤣 Dave

You are contradicting yourself and changing what you are saying now.

But I'm glad you have finally accepted a business, can take another business to court if they wish. And the rulebook wont prevent that process.

I didnt think we would get there, but we can agree on that at least.

That is not what I said

Yes. Hes entitled to his views of course, and I have no issue with that.

I was just pointing out he doesnt understand pretty basic legal processes. I think that was clear when he started stamping his feet and shouting.

Hes now back tracking. It would be easier if the just acknowledged he got it wrong. I don't care much, but hed probably have less of a migraine that hes caused himself.

Yes. Hes entitled to his views of course, and I have no issue with that.

I was just pointing out he doesnt understand pretty basic legal processes. I think that was clear when he started stamping his feet and shouting.

Hes now back tracking. It would be easier if the just acknowledged he got it wrong. I don't care much, but hed probably have less of a migraine that hes caused himself.

I've not backtracked.

Did you enjoy reading Bill Kenwright's introduction to the accounts Dave?

20230331_233122.jpg

I've not backtracked.

We can all see you have mate. You've gone from no business can take another to court- to yes they can as long as they feel they have a just cause.

That's a backtrack. It's not an insult though, it's a strength to change your mind when faced with compelling evidence. Its admirable. Good for you.

Well theres a lot in this, which I will try to deal with sequentially.

It doesnt really matter if BDO left, or we left them or whatever. As I keep saying, you can have as many different Accounts Teams as you wish. There is no rule against that in the rulebook.

As for the 2nd point, I would be surprised if the write downs previously are the issue, as they have previously signed off those write downs. I suspect they were unhappy with something in year 21/22 but I'm not entirely sure what.

The board, from what I can see are perfectly entitled to have write downs. It's one of these strange things football fans get irate about, but honestly this is very common outside of football, and nobody gets the least bit offended by it. I have seen accounting 100 x more dubious on income statements which is easily accepted.

Income statements, P&L etc are essentially trash beyond the top line. I have no idea who thought it a sensible idea from footballs authorities to make that the point of focus and not the balance sheet/cash flow statement. But that's football for you. Either way, the club are perfectly entitled to do write downs, and the PL accepted them, both by not charging the accounts, accepting the accounts, and re affirming that on multiple occasions subsequently.

Those write downs are a bit of a diversion really though, for the exact reason you state, which is that the P&L loss is too big even with those write downs. I'm curious as to what the clubs defence is?

There is of course legitimate questions about how stringent any punishment for what amounts to quite a narrow miss should be (it shouldn't really be more than a warning, but football is corrupt so who knows) but I cant see how they are saying they haven't broken the rules as they stand. Maybe that will become apparent to me. But the PL dont need to change their view on the write downs. That part confuses me a little.
The point is that the Guardian ran an article stating that BDO were resigning. Both EFC and Moshiris denied that and stated they were still our auditors. That clearly wasn't the case.

As for the write-downs. They are entirely based upon us providing accurate information.

The main point though is that the only way we pass P&S is if the Premier League accepts our claim for uncrystallized COVID losses.

From the latest accounts.

Please note the table above does not include uncrystallised COVID-19
pandemic related losses arising from the significant deterioration in the
player trading market. The ability of the Club to generate material profits on
player trading, which also yields significant wage and amortisation savings
due to the players no longer being contracted to the Club, has unquestionably
resulted in a material and negative impact on the Club across the last three
reporting periods.
The Club is continuing to assess the uncrystallised financial impact caused
by the COVID-19 pandemic and the Board of Directors strongly believe that
a further substantial financial loss, not reflected in the £90.4m cumulative
crystallised figure referred to above, has been incurred by the Club

Three years on we can't even quantify those losses. We are continuing to assess. That is embarrassing.

How many trophies or european football have they gotten between them mate ?

They'll be in the bottom half this time in 2-3 seasons and we'll be crowing over whoever the next hipster club is punching above their weight temporarily.

@Saint Domingo
The point is that both are in the top half of the table which we are not. You can forget trophies, you must be joking we are years and years away from that. You don't need to pay high wages to put a decent team together that's all, we just need to be a bit smarter in recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.