Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking similar to this before. The only way I can see us going down now is it would take a massive collapse from us in terms of results and performances, something which is very hard to see now considering how the players have bought into dyche’s methods. I can only see us improving the more time he has and the availability (hopefully) of Calvert-Lewin after the break.

It's still a tough gig mate - but we're in the fight now.

We're playing so much better under Dyche though and if he keeps up the form he's had so far, we stay up easy.

But that's a big ask, we still have the worst front three in the Prem IMO.

I have the same feelings about the Spurs game that I did about Villa, that in the overall context it would be asking too much of them to win it.

Getting your hopes up seems utterly illogical as an Evertonian and we prefer to do everything the hard way.

He's a figurehead. I'm not being ageist, but a 75 year old manager who took his last team into the Championship is decoration. The players will organise themselves there out of self preservation for their livelihoods.

It will be REALLY interesting there if they dont get a win in their next two games.
They seem to rate the u21 coach McCarthy who they’ve appointed Roy’s assistant so my guess is he’ll be doing most of the tactical / training work while Roy provides a bit of sage advice and takes the pressure off by doing all the media etc.

I have the same feelings about the Spurs game that I did about Villa, that in the overall context it would be asking too much of them to win it.

Getting your hopes up seems utterly illogical as an Evertonian and we prefer to do everything the hard way.
I'm not getting my hopes up as they're easily better than us on paper. But it's a hard one to call. Even that loss to Villa, for 70% of that game we were the better side. On another day we would have taken one of our chances and won.

I'm strangely looking forward to our games now. At least we put up a half decent fight.

I'm not getting my hopes up as they're easily better than us on paper. But it's a hard one to call. Even that loss to Villa, for 70% of that game we were the better side. On another day we would have taken one of our chances and won.

I'm strangely looking forward to our games now. At least we put up a half decent fight.
Same - the biggest thing is I know we have a game plan and the players know what to do. Under Lampard it was impossible to know what we were trying to do.

There really doesn’t seem to be any logic from Palace here. Hodgson was absolutely dire when Watford appointed him, albeit in far more trouble then than Palace are now but he hardly galvanised that group of young men in need of guidance. Viera had been playing similar football this season to what Roy serves up anyway. They might as well of given Alan Pardew a call
I didn’t want Vieira sacked. I thought our recent run of fixtures very tough and our run in somewhat better. However, Vieira expressed a curious lack of urgency given our form. He had Plan A, which was working fine until the form dipped and he had refused to shift from it. He was adopting a Wengeresque laid back management style which is fine when you have Berkamp, Henri, Overmars etc but not so much with Mateta and Edouard.
Our fitness and running stats are poor as well. A limited choice of replacements so someone who has an excellent relationship with the club hierarchy, has a known style of play, takes no muck from the players ( his avuncular, grandfatherly exterior hides a tough manager) makes some sense. We’re in a fight and the players need to realise that. The logic for Vieira going is that he didn’t transmit any urgency to the players. Roy will. I still think we will be ok. Maintain our current points per game ratio we get to 37. Any improvement could get us to 39 - 40. A few bumps in the road to come but I think we’ll be ok.

Hopefully 36 points is enough. We do have a tricky run in, but perhaps thats better than perceived 'easy' games.
Last two games are winnable for me: Wolves will be safe and B'mouth will be relegated already. As I said above: City will fall at a good time too if they're in a CL SF second leg 3 days later.

It's still a massive fight on our hands, but I dont think the genie goes back in the bottle now: Dyche has summoned up a spirit and a way of playng that simply wont be cast aside too easily.

We're getting to a point where we look teak tough and refusing to lose games. That's enormous.

Quite likely. However, people need to realise that this, effectively, ensures we will be fighting for our lives on the final day.

So, please Everton. Get to 40 points as soon as possible. I'd rather avoid the coronary.
It does, but as I said above 36 is the low end of what I expect us to get. If I was pressed to make a final prediction of what we'll end up with I think I'd say 38 points.

They seem to rate the u21 coach McCarthy who they’ve appointed Roy’s assistant so my guess is he’ll be doing most of the tactical / training work while Roy provides a bit of sage advice and takes the pressure off by doing all the media etc.
I agree with that. I cant see any other function for him.

Hopefully 36 points is enough. We do have a tricky run in, but perhaps thats better than perceived 'easy' games.
Yeah, it’s almost impossible to boil things down to easy / hard games now. Every team in the league still has something to play for - 9 teams are scrapping for the lives and Villa in 11th are within 4 points of Europe. Won’t be too much “on the beach” factor this year.

On paper Palace have a fairly easy run against lower half sides but that run of theirs would scare me - every team they face next month will be battling like hell against relegation and they’ll need the physical and mental strength for 6 consecutive 6-pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.