New Everton Stadium Discussion

Gutted. Just seen this. Anyone off here going? Fully booked now :(:(

https://www.ice.org.uk/events/latest-events/new-everton-stadium/

1679337412604.png

The speed Everton are doing the stadium, there seems no chance it will be a move to it a touch late, if anything we could move in early lol
The fitting out process (all the internal parts) can often be the lengthiest and most complex stage, rather than laying foundations and metal work.

I know it’s a different build, but my mate builds super yachts. The work on the hull is always much easier than the actual fitting out is his message.

Apparently the stadium is 3 months ahead of schedule. I'd imagine Sky have the wrong end of the stick and it could be ready late next season if it continues to gain more time.
This end of 2024 thing sounds like under-promising to me.

LOR and Everton have done a good job of expectation management over timescales.

That's possibly just the hand over to the club as well by LoR.

There will likely be further work for Everton to do in terms of re-locating, training staff etc etc so don't be surprised if it's early 2025 when we finally attend our first match there.
I see it similar to you. Would be nice to know if the safety events are included in LOR time or after hand over.
I think our moving date will depend on the clubs league position & when the stadium is actually ready. What i mean by that is if there are still 20 odd league games to play with half at home then regardless of league position you make the move. If it's getting on to late February early March & there are only 6/7 home games left & we sit 17th/18th in the table i would hope the club hold out, keep some stability & ride out the season giving Goodison the best send off we can.

So we need another good winter for an August 2024 start it looks like. Weather can be one of most unpredictable obstacles to timescales
We've got absolutely no chance of being in that stadium for the start of the 24/25 season regardless of what happens with the weather.

For that to happen LoR would need to have FULLY completed the build (including major snagging) 2 or 3 months prior to then to allow Everton time to re-locate, train staff, run test events etc. That only gives them 14 months from now and we're not even at the half way point (IMO) after 20 months of building.

Whilst I fully appreciate a lot of good progress has been made over the last 20 months, this was never a three year build and there is still an enormous amount of work left to do.

Trying to imagine Everton and inparticular this board, who can't get the escalators to work first game of the season most years, to arrange a mid-season move into a new stadium does raise a good laugh.

That's possibly just the hand over to the club as well by LoR.

There will likely be further work for Everton to do in terms of re-locating, training staff etc etc so don't be surprised if it's early 2025 when we finally attend our first match there.
Operation Bradley Moore exercise doesnt just happen, it needs a slick well oiled team behind unlocking them doors

Won’t be ready as soon as it’s built for us to play games in. Stadium has to be signed off by a host of health and safety people first. This includes, council, police, fire etc.

Usually they will ask for a large number of fans to attend so emergency services can run a training day with the club to pass part of the safety certificate. Good opportunity to get a first look at the stadium when this happens.