Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I've called you many times but I really don't get the lack of support from so many.

It's a shame there are a good handful of people who have been seduced into believeing we deserve to go down and that it'd punish the board and owners and 'cleanse' the club.

They put themselves into that position when we looked odds on to go down and its a position they cant easily move away from now we have a good chance of survival - hence we see posts magnifying our rivals at the bottom when they pick up an unexpected point or three and cant help themselves but carp at Everton if we shut the door on those rivals.

It's tragic, it really is. Imagine holding onto that attitude when everyone else is desperate for points to get safe.

Nah, pens have been overturned for this regardless of the outcome. I mean it's the rules lol
  • If the ball is prevented from entering the goal by the goalkeeper, the kick is retaken
If the goalkeeper’s offence results in the kick being retaken, the goalkeeper is warned for the first offence in the game and cautioned for any subsequent offence(s) in the game

a team-mate of the goalkeeper offends:
  • if the ball enters the goal, a goal is awarded
  • if the ball does not enter the goal, the kick is retaken
Taken fromt he laws of the game, but then this image is below which contradicts it;

1679232006921.png

Either way, the ball goes straight in, has no interference and nothing should change. Litreally has no impact. Dont think we can really complain about that.

The first one though is definately offside intereference.

• If the ball is prevented from entering the goal by the goalkeeper, the kick is retaken
If the goalkeeper’s offence results in the kick being retaken, the goalkeeper is warned for the first offence in the game and cautioned for any subsequent offence(s) in the game

Taken fromt he laws of the game, but then this image is below which contradicts it;

View attachment 206910

Either way, the ball goes straight in, has no interference and nothing should change. Litreally has no impact. Dont think we can really complain about that.

Frki-jPX0AMb3gA

It quite clearly says 'encroachment by an attacking player' with outcome a 'goal' then penalty kick should be retaken.

Frki-jPX0AMb3gA

It quite clearly says 'encroachment by an attacking player' with outcome a 'goal' then penalty kick should be retaken.

If you read at the bottom of my post, i know it's the rule but it has zero impact. Common sense should prevail. I havent seen for a long time a penalty that goes straight in be given.

I'd argue more the feint he does is more illegal than anything. Can't stand how that's allowed.

View attachment 206910

Oh no not complaining, just saying it's been done before and rather recently too I think, for the exact same "encroachment" they had a pen retaken. Either way it was a pen and this matters not, the first is indeed more of an issue if we're nitpicking problems like that really.

If you read at the bottom of my post, i know it's the rule but it has zero impact. Common sense should prevail. I havent seen for a long time a penalty that goes straight in be given.

I'd argue more the feint he does is more illegal than anything. Can't stand how that's allowed.
Common sense?
Are you sure it's the same PGMOL you're thinking of?

It does though. It should be retaken. Otherwise the attackers may as well stand next to the penalty taker.

That could prove to be a very valuable point when all is said and done

Credit to the players, coaching staff and away supporters

No shame in being worried when they went ahead twice. We’re in a very precarious situation still, but we gained a point we perhaps weren’t expected to get

Hopefully we can get the 14 more required to get to 40

I’m sure all the SUPER BLOOS will do their bit by having a go at everyone else so that we realise just how cool they really are 👍

That could prove to be a very valuable point when all is said and done

Credit to the players, coaching staff and away supporters

No shame in being worried when they went ahead twice. We’re in a very precarious situation still, but we gained a point we perhaps weren’t expected to get

Hopefully we can get the 14 more required to get to 40

I’m sure all the SUPER BLOOS will do their bit by having a go at everyone else so that we realise just how cool they really are 👍
I was most impressed with us coming back twice. The team kept at it and didn’t give up. I think that starts with Dyche and what he brings to this club. Massive point.

Unfortunately we have a large amount of fans like that currently, you only have to go through forums and Facebook etc, they all seem to want us to go down just to make themselves look like they were right.
It’s quite worrying.
I agree mate. As I said above, there is a definite sense I get that some people have bought in big time to a scorched earth policy of getting shut of everyone in authority at the club and building from Year Zero - like the Khmer Rouge.

I think we all want the board and owner gone, but I'm not prepared to support the club falling through the trapdoor to achieve it. Our top flight status is the glue that holds this organissation together. We'll spiral out of control downward without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.