2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always wondered how he'd do at a bigger club than Burnley, the signs are encouraging so far, team looks so much fitter. Nice one Seany D.

Still frustrating with subs, but he's been like that for his whole career as that's a criticism he also suffered at Burnley.

5 subs now though, cmon Sean ffs

*I am aware we haven't got many players to sub on, but keeping Maupay for 80 min when we have a striker and Gray on the bench is daft. He seems to be trying to fix it, but subs in the 80th+ minute rarely work out like they did last night.
I think it's just lack of options tbh, I get the impression that given the chance he would look to get rid of a fair few of this squad, if we stay up the summer could be interesting.

We have a defender heavy squad. There wasn't many on the bench, that you'd say he'll come on and make a difference. All we could do is change formation. Luckily Simms actually did come on and do something special, but it's a start and hopefully he'll start to score now.

I think Dyche is doing a great job. It's not pretty, but it's what's needed. Just a shame we didn't make the change a little earlier. I think we'd be nearly safe now.

I think it's just lack of options tbh, I get the impression that given the chance he would look to get rid of a fair few of this squad, if we stay up the summer could be interesting.
Reckon his demands on fitness has had it toll on some and taking time to adjust, common narrative from the professional chatterati is the the team now looks fitter...

I mean maybe, hope you're right, and we'll see next year, but he was apparently the same from the beginning at Burnley.

People (and options) change though, so there's that.

If Sean Dyche was Italian there would be absolutely zero criticism of his style of play

Everton have played putrid football under Martinez Koeman Allardyce Benitez and Lampard at different times. They’re all completely different styles but the football was horrible to watch when it was bad. Doesn’t make a difference what the manager’s style is or isn’t, it’s all about whether they win or not.

The lampard way of football, getting beat every week and no shots on goal for many a game,
Very entertaining I am sure.
Dyche is a far better manager and if we stay up will play better football with players he wants if given the chance.
He came up with a system that best matches strengths of the Players he has
Not...like many occasions in the last 20yrs...imposing a system on players who can't play it

If Sean Dyche was Italian there would be absolutely zero criticism of his style of play
The only thing Id say to that is yes Italian teams can be defensive minded but they do pass the ball about a lot more than any Dyche team does. I don't think it's something to worry about for now though but come the summer/next season we could do with someone in the middle who can actually pass the ball forwards. It could be Iwobi or it could be Garner or it could be someone else but having that option as well as the option of going wide will make a massive difference to the way we attack as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.