Isaac Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
….clubs like Everton discard young players every season, yet when one the club wants to keep looks after his best interest he’s called a rat.

Thierry Small looked ordinary in match situations when I saw him. There really wasn’t a guarantee he’d have come through with us, indeed it was unlikely. In his position he needed to look after his own interest. There was demand for him, he knew a club would give him a hefty signing fee and contract.

He might only have one opportunity in his career to make such monies. If he was my son, I’d have told him to do exactly what he did. He hasn’t been a success at Southampton just like he wouldn’t have been a success at Everton but he’ll be on a very decent 3 year contract & have enough monies in the bank to set him up.

Small & others in his position aren’t rats, it’s a bit ignorant suggesting they are.

The move for Thierry Small was a very smart career move by his agent. There is no doubt he got a very lucrative deal from Southampton and since then ,even though he is still very young, he has not shown that he is a star of the future.

There is a chance that deal may be the best of his football career.
The Grass Is Always Greener..

Or so the youngsters are led to believe nowadays.
( As well as the hype that surrounds some of them )

Lamps 'bigged' up gordon and price.
Agents or possibly family tell them about the greener grass. And it's 'Sayonara!!.

Maybe they should watch vids of Barkley after training sessions.

Sure I seen him playing for St Mirren on telly a last weekend, on loan I assume.
Exactly. As someone who has been to some memorable nights at Fir Park over the years (to watch the mighty Steel Men, MFC) I can tell you if he’s being loaned to St Mirren he has a long way to go to being a back up PL left back… which he would have been here at the time he decided to do one.

….clubs like Everton discard young players every season, yet when one the club wants to keep looks after his best interest he’s called a rat.

Thierry Small looked ordinary in match situations when I saw him. There really wasn’t a guarantee he’d have come through with us, indeed it was unlikely. In his position he needed to look after his own interest. There was demand for him, he knew a club would give him a hefty signing fee and contract.

He might only have one opportunity in his career to make such monies. If he was my son, I’d have told him to do exactly what he did. He hasn’t been a success at Southampton just like he wouldn’t have been a success at Everton but he’ll be on a very decent 3 year contract & have enough monies in the bank to set him up.

Small & others in his position aren’t rats, it’s a bit ignorant suggesting they are.
Footballs too emotive to bring this kind of wisdom to the table

Absolutely Eggs, one simple reason young lads think about moving on is ambition, they have the sense to think of their future and don’t to still be in the same position they are in now, in three years time. Price has plenty of potential he’s thinking of where he is going to use it now.

F2AF685A-2B06-450E-805C-A1F28021BD24.jpeg

Well said
I suppose that vitriol stems from most fans thinking how they would love to play for Everton so it is difficult to make the leap to someone who's building a career, especially one who was never a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.