2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are not a fashionable club and Dyche is not a fashionable manager.
There is a good deal of snobbery involved when the media talk about football management. They assume that great players like Gerrard and Lampard also make great managers, we know to our cost that they don't.

Dyche, at Burnley, was forced to devise a system which worked for that club, if the circumstances change at a different club like Everton then we all will have to wait and see what he is capable of.

At the moment it is firefighting in every game and results matter to the exclusion of everything else.

Everton are not a fashionable club and Dyche is not a fashionable manager.
There is a good deal of snobbery involved when the media talk about football management. They assume that great players like Gerrard and Lampard also make great managers, we know to our cost that they don't.

Dyche, at Burnley, was forced to devise a system which worked for that club, if the circumstances change at a different club like Everton then we all will have to wait and see what he is capable of.

At the moment it is firefighting in every game and results matter to the exclusion of everything else.

I am confident if we get through this, get some money, and he has some time, our style will evolve. He's not going to be able to play 'like this' (whatever this is) for more than a few months. next season if we are here and he's still here, I'm sure he'll try to evolve the style. IF we find a great academy prospect or 2 and buy 2-3 players, that is.
EDIT. so basically if we get 6 new players, and lose a few. some hope .

I am confident if we get through this, get some money, and he has some time, our style will evolve. He's not going to be able to play 'like this' (whatever this is) for more than a few months. next season if we are here and he's still here, I'm sure he'll try to evolve the style. IF we find a great academy prospect or 2 and buy 2-3 players, that is.
The could be a watershed moment for the club. But I said this at the end of last season and look where we are. I think Dyche will spend well and be logical with the development of the club. I’m saying this whether we stay up or go down. If we go down and have to shed some more fat the reset will be bigger but we have to bounce back up no question about that.

Football 365 don't like him...

Blimey.

Fella is entitled to his opinion I suppose. Where I definitely disagree is his insinuation that Dyche's touchline antics are performative. I generally find everything I've seen from Dyche to be quite authentic personally, and that goes back to his Burnley days too.

To be a success as a manager you have to have your own philosophy on the way the game should be played and Dyche has that. He's not trying to "copy and paste" somebody else's philosophy. That's the part I like about him most and I actually think his style is exactly what Everton fans like most (when it's executed well anyway).

Blimey.

Fella is entitled to his opinion I suppose. Where I definitely disagree is his insinuation that Dyche's touchline antics are performative. I generally find everything I've seen from Dyche to be quite authentic personally, and that goes back to his Burnley days too.

To be a success as a manager you have to have your own philosophy on the way the game should be played and Dyche has that. He's not trying to "copy and paste" somebody else's philosophy. That's the part I like about him most and I actually think his style is exactly what Everton fans like most (when it's executed well anyway).
Not for me I’m afraid.
But that’s just personal opinion.
I think the article fairly reflects my own view of Dyche , if a little harsh in places,
But I sincerely hope he can save us from the drop along with everyone else, that is all that is important at the moment.

Not for me I’m afraid.
But that’s just personal opinion.
I think the article fairly reflects my own view of Dyche , if a little harsh in places,
But I sincerely hope he can save us from the drop along with everyone else, that is all that is important at the moment.
I think it's also fair to point out that most footballers are thick as mince, so if some of his antics do come across as performative, there's probably more thought gone into it than him just merely being a chancer.

Maybe.

He doesn't get too up or down Dyche. I like that.

To hear somene that level headed say that he sees something real beginning to emerge - that the team shape is getting better and we're looking more effective in different parts of the pitch - is very encouraging.

Last edited:
I think it's also fair to point out that most footballers are thick as mince, so if some of his antics do come across as performative, there's probably more thought gone into it than him just merely being a chancer.

Maybe.
To be honest his touchline performance doesn’t affect my view of him in the slightest.

To hear somene that level headed say that he sees something real beginning to emerge - that the team shape is getting better and we're looking more effective in different parts of the pitch - is very encouraging.
Well, to be fair, we could hardly get less effective, apart from selecting we misfits and geriatrics for the team. Good that the boss has vision, though.

we don’t have time to wait

It looks to me on the evidence so far that Dyche doesn't overclaim on matters. If he sees real effective progress in the way the team are emerging with a new system then that's a good sign. It's observable too. I cant recall seeing us getting our players in numbers up the pitch to get a goal for a while. Obvioulsy that's the necessary adaptation you make when you have no effective strike force.

It looks to me on the evidence so far that Dyche doesn't overclaim on matters. If he sees real effective progress in the way the team are emerging with a new system then that's a good sign. It's observable too. I cant recall seeing us getting our players in numbers up the pitch to get a goal for a while. Obvioulsy that's the necessary adaptation you make when you have no effective strike force.

He’s a proper football manager mate.

Honestly in terms of style of play, calmness in attitude and a little wry humour with the media he’s more similar to Carlo than anyone… just missing the biggest trophy cabinet in football, tilted eyebrows and general handsomeness to be considered trendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.