The Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been to Bristol City's ground Ashton Gate and as I have relatives in Bristol who support The Cider Army and who attend most home games I'd like to go there if we do somehow go down.

I'm told that it's right by the River Avon.

Until I just checked right now I had no idea that Bristol City were in the Championship. I thought they were a League One side.
The lower league clubs receive very little coverage and we would be very much the forgotten club if we went down. How we'd maintain a decent amount of support within this city I just don't know. Little kids in our city who love football don't want to go and see teams like Rotherham and Bristol City if we're being honest.

*Sarcasm?
Sorry that is the lowest form of wit. On the upside there will be lots of clubs that will be fun to go to and as a big fan of non-league footy (Bath City) I love all the weird and wonderful grounds outside of the Premier League. Just feels wrong for Everton to move in to a fantastic new stadium and potentially be in the Championship.

I've never been to Bristol City's ground Ashton Gate and as I have relatives in Bristol who support The Cider Army and who attend most home games I'd like to go there if we do somehow go down.

I'm told that it's right by the River Avon.

Until I just checked right now I had no idea that Bristol City were in the Championship. I thought they were a League One side.
The lower league clubs receive very little coverage and we would be very much the forgotten club if we went down. How we'd maintain a decent amount of support within this city I just don't know. Little kids in our city who love football don't want to go and see teams like Rotherham and Bristol City if we're being honest.
The teams that get relegated get a decent amount of coverage from Sky and if not on main channel then the red button

There's not believe me, besides Burnley it's the poorest Championship league I've seen for years, I was trying to think last night the last time I've seen such a bad West Brom side and it's easiest the worst team we have had in 20 years, the gap between Prem and Championship getting wider, if Everton unluckily come down I reckon they should go straight back up hopefully in the 3rd place play off final as I believe clubs make more money from that than winning the Champions league
That's if the squad was even remotely recognisable after relegation.

The wage bill would have to be slashed dramatically, I would think.

'Tarkowskis y Pavones,' as Florentino Perez would put it.

If we intend to bounce straight back we'll need quite a few new starting eleven players. Our current squad imo is about mid-table Championship quality. We simply cannot become the next Blackburn, for example, not with this stadium on the horizon.

We've been poor for quite a while, but there have been worse sides than ours go down and come back quickly.

Two really bad sides relegated in recent years were Aston Villa and Norwich. Villa came back in it's 2nd season
and others who've come pretty much straight away were Bournemouth and Fulham, twice. Norwich are up a play off position,

I expect Everton to get back quickly if we do go down, but will the squad be good enough to stay up?

That's my worry.

We've been poor for quite a while, but there have been worse sides than ours go down and come back quickly.

Two really bad sides relegated in recent years were Aston Villa and Norwich. Villa came back in it's 2nd season
and others who've come pretty much straight away were Bournemouth and Fulham, twice. Norwich are up a play off position,

I expect Everton to get back quickly if we do go down, but will the squad be good enough to stay up?

That's my worry.
I don't think our current squad is good enough to come straight back up...

Might be nice to win a few. Assuming we are capable
Assuming we have a good season it will likely be the most enjoying season for a generation. Most out games will be on sky as we will be the top draw. If we win the league or automatic promotion will be our biggest success in 30 years. If we make it to a olay off final we can at least bank against meeting the sky 6.
No one wants to go down but no one enjoying the premier league either.

I don't think our current squad is good enough to come straight back up...
Our squad would be great in that league if Dyche can get them working.
Take a look at the squads of the teams that win promotion. Forest had to sign a whole new squad to compete after promotion

That's my worry.

Villa were down 3 seasons, the squad that came back up was almost completely different to the one that went down.

Players who will be sold...

Pickford
Coady
Godfrey
Onana
Gray
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Are the rest really good enough to come back up?

I don’t think Godfrey, Gray or DCL will leave. Godfrey and Gray aren’t very good and DCL is permanently injured, nobody apart from Everton would buy such a player. I think he’s more likely to retire than be bought by anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.