Match Thread Everton vs Brentford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 99 17.7%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 32 5.7%
  • James Tarkowski

Votes: 36 6.4%
  • Ben Godfrey

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Amadou Onana

• Dwight McNeil

Votes: 278 49.6%
  • Idrissa Gana Gueye

Votes: 70 12.5%
  • Alex Iwobi

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Abdoulaye Doucouré

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • Demarai Gray

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Tom Davies '80

• Neal Maupay '86

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Vitalii Mykolenko '92

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be reasonable to expect the three teams above us to pick up points this weekend, and the two below us to be beaten. this may not be the weekend we get out of the relegation zone but a result would allow us to pull away from Soton and Bournmouth.

Villa are a very different proposition attacking wise than Brentford. Villa have more sophistication in their attack.

The reason we've done well against Brentford even in the last 2 seasosns is that they're direct, and we have defenders who'll cope with that better than they will a savvy forward like Watkins and players like Buendia and Coutinho.

Horses for courses. We'll beat them in front of a packed Goodison.
We will.

Especially if Goodison is bouncing.

We’ll win this if our players decide they’re not going to have any more brain farts. We can’t afford the amount of mistakes we’re making leading to goals as we can’t score goals to even it out. Coady against Liverpool and villa, gueye against villa and arsenal, doucoure and Keane last week.

Hopefully DCL involved is some capacity will give us a bit of a lift. I’d start gray though and bring him on if he’s fit. I’m never confident with Keane at the back though I’d rather Mina but he can’t play 90 mins. Think dyche will keep the same 11 from forest.

Earlier this week a couple of pundits I won't name said Gray should start every match.

I agree and he should play near DCL if fit, or Simms.

I've said this before because it might be the best chance to score.

I think it would be reasonable to expect the three teams above us to pick up points this weekend, and the two below us to be beaten. this may not be the weekend we get out of the relegation zone but a result would allow us to pull away from Soton and Bournmouth.
Would be surprised if Leeds beat Brighton to be honest.

Once again I'll be out/busy when this is on. Just as well... watching betting-cheat Ivan Toney slotting another winner would probably make me combust.

Villa are a very different proposition attacking wise than Brentford. Villa have more sophistication in their attack.

The reason we've done well against Brentford even in the last 2 seasosns is that they're direct, and we have defenders who'll cope with that better than they will a savvy forward like Watkins and players like Buendia and Coutinho.

Horses for courses. We'll beat them in front of a packed Goodison.
We’re getting close to the last chance saloon with these ‘must win’ home games….. like Wolves, Southampton & Villa, all bottom half teams, and look how they turned out.

All our players have to put in 7/8 out of 10 performances for us to stand any chance of winning. Any 'switch off' will get punished. Take Forest's first goal - Keane gets dragged out of position which meant Tarkowski and Godfrey gets drawn over. The shot comes in and Pickford parries it to a Forest player - as he did at Goodison - but McNeill should have got back quicker to cover for Godfrey and would have been able to clear it. That goal sums up all our defensive shortcomings, lapses in concentration and poor decisions. But this is a different game with different challenges, Brentford seem to play differently away from home, more defensive and counter attacking so we have to play accordingly - like we did against Arsenal press them high and force mistakes and take our chances if and when they come. But the players have to be fully switched on for the entire game.
I would stick Keane up front for this one, he couldn’t possibly be less of a threat than Maupay, especially in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.