2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be so funny to see Garner's face if he actually realised he's not far off 'club legend' status and he's barely kicked a ball for us..

Anyway from what I have seen, I have my belief that he can be that linchpin in the middle, to build the team around.

And if It ends up that I am wrong with my judgement, he'll still be better then most of what we have on offer..

Dyche is still in the process that Koeman, Unsworth, Allardyce, Silva, Ferguson, Ancelotti, Benitez and Lampard all had to go through - working out that Davies is crap.
Given that time is short in the fight against relegation, Dyche should just consult GOT for a squad assessment.

Given that time is short in the fight against relegation, Dyche should just consult GOT for a squad assessment.
On the balance of GOT analysis when he joined his day one job would’ve been to fire every player in the first team squad apart from Pickford and then arguably Tarkowski, Patterson, Iwobi and Onana? Everyone else would’ve been binned immediately, especially McNeil who has probably been our best player since Dyche came in 🤣

Probably just Dyche not wanting to risk him until fully fit. If so he should put a fit youth team player on the bench instead.
You could tell that it was highly unlikely that he was coming in yesterday as he didn’t warm up until very late on in the game, and then not vigorously.

The conjecture by some that Dyche doesn’t fancy him is based on absolutely nothing apart from fear and, well, paranoia. He’s just came back from injury.

Like with Dom and Patterson, he is easing players back to full fitness and probably looking at integrating them slowly but surely.

He won’t have seen much of how they play with regards to his expectations, so as again there’ll possibly be a period of assimilation behind the scenes.

I think (errr hope) Garner could play an important part in our midfield creating more chances, but hey time will tell. He can clearly play football.

Really curious what the issue is with Dyche not playing him. Not saying he should have come on but he wasn't even warming up yet Tom fn Davies was. He's played like 20 minutes all season.
Yer noticed this, doesnt fancy garner at all does he, would be 3 games in a row he would have opted to bring Davies on instead of garner now.

I think the reason he's not getting cameo roles off the bench in the last couple of games is that we were in front against Brentford and Davies is probably better at sitting in and making another body in front of the defence, whereas Garner is more of a repalcement if there's a stalemate in that game. Simms replaces Gueye yesterday because we're chasing the game.

There's nothing controversial here.

He's just come back from a big back injury, he's being eased in, can't see the point in throwing him in for 20 at Stamford Bridge if he's not quite up to speed yet. Davies has been fit and getting minutes for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.