2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with this manager.
That's what we are all hoping. Dyche seems to want, at least, to play to players strengths, rather than squeeze them into roles that doesn't suit them*.

*He may be forced to, mind, at some point. It's not a big squad with depth.

Next few games are vital.

If we sold at £85mil thats £53mil profit pre clause so we'd have around £75mil profit post clause. Then less agent fees and loyalty bonuses etc.

£100mil would mean £86.4mil profit post clause.

Whats more valuable to the club...those monies to reinvest or the new Vieira?

Id try and build around him.
This is giving me a migraine Zat, them figures don't work out ?‍?

As always, a lot of crazy hyperbole going on. A great performance and lots of potential but talk of £100m and the new Vieira are mad shouts at this stage. They're literally coming off the back of a handful of good games. There's been plenty this season where he has looked completely off the pace - and of course that's more the club's fault than his.

I was really happy with Dyche's comments yesterday because Onana has got a long way to go to reach the levels people are speaking about in this thread.

As always, a lot of crazy hyperbole going on. A great performance and lots of potential but talk of £100m and the new Vieira are mad shouts at this stage. They're literally coming off the back of a handful of good games. There's been plenty this season where he has looked completely off the pace - and of course that's more the club's fault than his.

I was really happy with Dyche's comments yesterday because Onana has got a long way to go to reach the levels people are speaking about in this thread.

Happens all the time.
But we are so starved of anything good its sometimes understandable. Its just if he has a good game and then the week after isnt Zinedine Zidane then dont go mental. There is hardly ever any middle ground opinion.

Allow him the freedom to play, let him carry the ball and express his trickery without a fear of losing the ball, unleash his desire to run with the ball, let him do what he likes best and watch him grow. Lampard limit his game and he is suffocated by the restriction. Not anymore.

Reminds me of Fellaini in many ways. Great spirit, but still raw. Hope he can help carry the team, but he'll be even better at that if he can build a meaningful partnership with Doucoure, Davies and Gana
I think we might have to do what we did with Fellaini* at some point or other this season: put him up top to lead the line. Playing Simms there if / when Calvert-Lewin gets injured might not be the option Dyche thinks is possible.

That'd be a big gap in midfield we'd need filling, but we have the personnel and the overall shape to keep compact.

*United did that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.