2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people compared him to Sam but for me one particular thing stands out . when allardyce was appointed I was actually ok with it as unlike many I thought we were in trouble . I’d never understood why Sam was so hated by fans of pretty much every club he’d been at but after his arrival I got it fairly quickly. Not saying he didn’t do ok , because he did but he’s extremely unlikeable . I ran into a Burnley fan the other day and like the vast majority of them he absolutely loves Dyche him and wish him nothing but success and after one game i’m starting to get why .

it’s definitely a contrast .
I didnt really mind Sam either, he was a means, he did very well in his limited time and I still maintain hes the only recent manager who should feel hard done by for getting "the sack".

But I think he knew it was only short term here and he knew we were never gonna take to him, so he bought into it more.

But yeah, they do seem like vastly different people and I thought we played some decent football yesterday, it wasnt all just long ball garbo.

He talks about it being maybe "a little window" for him to be part of our history. He's got a 2.5 year contract. If he keeps us up from a position like this he should be given the same courtesy as Lampard and handed the next season at the very least...and probably get a contract extension of another 12 months on top.
Soccer snobs (hipsters) would rather cancel their subscription oatmeal lattes then let that scenario play our, fisrt loss and they will swarm the place like new plant placed food on Kickstarter.

If the fans see the players working hard and getting it forward, they will back him.

A manager who mostly plays 442, puts balls into the box for a big number 9, to me it sounds like the perfect Everton style.

As I said above, im very easily pleased.

lol
Lots of the better teams in this league cant defend the aerial ball very well. It really does confuse me why we got so far away from our strengths as a team. Everton football is never going to be passive slow build up football played out from.the back.

I didnt really mind Sam either, he was a means, he did very well in his limited time and I still maintain hes the only recent manager who should feel hard done by for getting "the sack".

But I think he knew it was only short term here and he knew we were never gonna take to him, so he bought into it more.

But yeah, they do seem like vastly different people and I thought we played some decent football yesterday, it wasnt all just long ball garbo.
I’m happy he did his job but he made it fairly clear , by his actions , that for all the talk of wanting a big job he was happy enough to get a big pay off .

I don’t know if it’s generational but I like football like yesterday , I mean ultimately I just want to win . I’d rather win in a way that’s pleasing to watch but I don’t care as long as we win but I liked the football yesterday and it energised the crowd . Frankly Tippy tapping the ball across the back four bores me Senseless , powerhouses grafting in the middle with widemen trying to get the ball in is what I enjoy .

I’ll say this as a man who despises the RS with a passion that scares me sometimes , if I could be successful with Man City type footy or the RS stuff that had them winning stuff then much as it disgusts me I’d take them every day . Dyche’s football yesterday was instrumental in engaging the crowd , the effort and tactics clicked with us and we responded pushing them on .

One swallow and all that but it’s a start

If the fans see the players working hard and getting it forward, they will back him.

A manager who mostly plays 442, puts balls into the box for a big number 9, to me it sounds like the perfect Everton style.

As I said above, im very easily pleased.

lol
Typed quicker and certainly more succinctly than the essay I just typed but yep spot on .

I’m happy he did his job but he made it fairly clear , by his actions , that for all the talk of wanting a big job he was happy enough to get a big pay off .

I don’t know if it’s generational but I like football like yesterday , I mean ultimately I just want to win . I’d rather win in a way that’s pleasing to watch but I don’t care as long as we win but I liked the football yesterday and it energised the crowd . Frankly Tippy tapping the ball across the back four bores me Senseless , powerhouses grafting in the middle with widemen trying to get the ball in is what I enjoy .

I’ll say this as a man who despises the RS with a passion that scares me sometimes , if I could be successful with Man City type footy or the RS stuff that had them winning stuff then much as it disgusts me I’d take them every day . Dyche’s football yesterday was instrumental in engaging the crowd , the effort and tactics clicked with us and we responded pushing them on .

One swallow and all that but it’s a start
Generally speaking to be successful and win stuff you have to evolve to more than just high energy get it downfield football as PL defenders will sort that tactic out. That said, Liverpool have been getting success by high energy pressing and getting the ball front to back very quickly. So you can do it but only if you have expensive world class players playing to that style.

We reached a position for a short period under Martinez where we evolved without spending loads of cash into a possession-based team that could find a way to ground down stubborn defences at home, but also play very well on the counter away from home.

Just on this mate he did swan off to Spain every other week and only come back the day before matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.