New Everton Stadium Discussion

Makes me weep this fantastic and exciting build is happening under the circumstances we're enduring now. You just cant take any joy from it.

Thing is, you can’t poison it all, the stadium is being built by companies and workers. They are not the board or owners bad guys cronies, just normal people like us doing their job.

If it’s completed it won’t be tainted. It’ll be a fresh start I believe.

Is it all just a ruse? Will it get completed or just remain half built for 20 years.
Definitely left half built.

It will stand as an ugly monument to the epitome of human failure, forever reminding us what could have been....Forever that is, until nature slowly reclaims it bit by bit over geological time. I expect some future archaeologist will one day discover the underground remains, and reveal to the world that the legend of the lost club of Everton, long since gone from the history books, was in fact real.

The thing has been the curse of us.

We have been mostly crap for the best part of 30 years. Even at the end of Moyes' reign we were deflated as we were nearly there but had a god awful record against so called big four at the time. Under Martinez that 3rd season went toxic and that has been on and off since - the stadium wasn't even a thing for the first 2 times.

We have just been regressing anyhow and the arse fell out coinciding with the actual stadium build. We need this as a fresh start.