January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested to see a list of professional footballers who have turned down wages on the basis they are motivated by football and not money.

At least Pereira was honest about his motivations.
He was earning about 8 grand a week at West Brom once the relegation clause kicked in, he was offered around 75 grand at the Saudi club, he said himself it was a chance to make some money for his family for a couple of seasons, the new West Brom Manager Valerian Ismael had said he was not part of his plans for the team and wanted him gone, no Prem team came in so it was a no brained for him.

Just like every player to join every club. Interesting that you only picked three players at one
It’s an Everton forum. ???‍♂️
Of course players get paid, but most top decide that they want glory and competitive salary.
Playing in the Middle East highlights the fact that money rather than football is the motivation.
Most players consider playing in far flung regions during the later part of their career when they have slowed down and money is good.
You are forcing a point that I’m pretty sure you are not entirely convinced by.

I`d be very very surprised if we had any attacking players come in before the Southampton or West Ham game, that is another 5 or 6 games. ITKs saying the club are "looking" but no bids or moves being made.

I think those now thinking there is going to be an instant switch in what Lampard has delivered for the last year when we get back are living in cloud cuckoo land. Allardyce football with Benitez points return, what a legend...

I`d be very very surprised if we had any attacking players come in before the Southampton or West Ham game, that is another 5 or 6 games. ITKs saying the club are "looking" but no bids or moves being made.

I think those now thinking there is going to be an instant switch in what Lampard has delivered for the last year when we get back are living in cloud cuckoo land. Allardyce football with Benitez points return, what a legend...

Is this the first thing you think of when you wake up on Saturday morning ?

" I know, I`ll go on GOT and post a load of misery about Lampard, in the hope that some of the Anti Lampard Faction, are awake and will join in too "

Open the curtains, change your undees and bedsheets, give your mar a non sexual kiss and step outside, it`s a glorious day.

Is this the first thing you think of when you wake up on Saturday morning ?

" I know, I`ll go on GOT and post a load of misery about Lampard, in the hope that some of the Anti Lampard Faction, are awake and will join in too "

Open the curtains, change your undees and bedsheets, give your mar a non sexual kiss and step outside, it`s a glorious day.
Obv read the last 4 pages, without signings we are completely limping along in the same limbo.... No guarantees chucking signings in will make a difference.

Do you want to join the debate or just spout rubbish without any form of reasonable reponse?

Obv read the last 4 pages, without signings we are completely limping along in the same limbo.... No guarantees chucking signings in will make a difference.

Do you want to join the debate or just spout rubbish without any form of reasonable reponse?

It`s not a debate with you lot.

It`s just about half a dozen of you, day in day out, trying to find different ways to post " Lampard Out "

Giving your " expert " opinions and posting fantasy wish lists of managers, who the voices in your head, told you would be happy to come to 17th placed, financially restrained and run by clowns, Everton FC.

You`re like hamsters on a wheel.

It`s not a debate with you lot.

It`s just about half a dozen of you, day in day out, trying to find different ways to post " Lampard Out "

Giving your " expert " opinions and posting fantasy wish lists of managers, who the voices in your head, told you would be happy to come to 17th placed, financially restrained and run by clowns, Everton FC.

You`re like hamsters on a wheel.
"You lot"?

So in your head that response is acceptable to one of them lot...

My points, just incase you missed them....

1 - doubtful we will bring players in before the next 5/6 games
2 - the manager is under performing, last season and this season and quite rightly questions are being asked

AND how dare I debate Everton on an Everton forum?!? Just because the views dont fit with yours? Posters not wanting to debate the points and just post abuse need a time out by the mods.

He was earning about 8 grand a week at West Brom once the relegation clause kicked in, he was offered around 75 grand at the Saudi club, he said himself it was a chance to make some money for his family for a couple of seasons, the new West Brom Manager Valerian Ismael had said he was not part of his plans for the team and wanted him gone, no Prem team came in so it was a no brained for him.

I read that he is on 140k a week in Saudi ?‍♂️

Someone had a Christmas party today!
Sun , alchol , depression not a good mix.

They just taken that jacket off with long arms tied round ya waist.

Thinking of a few players got tgem all mixed up.
Bit like Frank picking our sides.

I meant to say Idrissa must knkw a couple of beasty forwards.

The south Korean has had a hamstring problem but played 30min.
Remember us being interested.

There are plenty out there that will fit us. Get us to mid table with the squad we got,safety all i want.

Will be absolutely criminal if we haven't already got somebody lined up and signed already, just ready to be announced on January 1st.

Obviously I know we aren't capable of doing that, but other clubs do, and I don't think that there is a club as desperate as we are in the whole country in terms of needing a specific type of player so badly.

We'll have had over half a year to get a Richarlison replacement, have already failed and I have no doubt we'll get it wrong once again in January by either getting the wrong player in or totally failing to sign anybody.

Find the money. £30m on a striker is a lot, LOT less than we'll lose by getting relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.