Old Everton Pictures

1669895810382.png

Everton V Burnley Christmas time - 1960 Roy Vernon attacks Burnley in a top game as they were a very good side back then -which over we beat Burnley 3-1 at Turf Moor away, only one day at home they defeated us 3-0...... Everton that....doh for @roy vernon -

View attachment 193991
Well before my time, but looking it up, the attendance for this game was 74,867 - nearly twice as many as GP's current capacity! Whenever I see pictures of that big terrace in the background, I'm always in awe of it, I wonder how many it could hold?

Well before my time, but looking it up, the attendance for this game was 74,867 - nearly twice as many as GP's current capacity! Whenever I see pictures of that big terrace in the background, I'm always in awe of it, I wonder how many it could hold?
Goodwin road standing area was very deceptive a funny long shaped terrace that went far back under the main old stand it definitely held a large capacity standing much more than the Gwladys street end - I remember the City away fans choosing the Goodison rd terrace in vast numbers as away chanting fans not using the park end as most away fans did .....

Goodwin road standing area was very deceptive a funny long shaped terrace that went far back under the main old stand it definitely held a large capacity standing much more than the Gwladys street end - I remember the City away fans choosing the Goodison rd terrace in vast numbers as away chanting fans not using the park end as most away fans did .....
Must have been some sight when it was full!