New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think this image is the one that we all probably got excited about.

And for some reason it is now split in two. Despite being split in to two, is the internal concourse for everyone in the stand?

Note the 3 tiers on the main stand. ?‍♂️

View attachment 193009

That is the original 60k+ version. I think the end stand had approximately 10-15 more rows that the current one.

It's not supposed to have a major upper/lower split. That is just a super-riser (or individual large step) to allow the seated upper rows a clear view over the standing lower rows (without having to stand).

Some people! I know we are not getting the 100,000 seater stadium some think we should have, I know our blue wall isn't as big as Dortmund's yellow wall but let's look at the positives:

BRAND NEW STADIUM ON THE BANKS OF THE ROYAL BLUE MERSEY!!!!!!!!

13,000 BLUE WALL!!!!!!!!!!!

TEAM ENTERING THE STADIUM IN AN EVENING GAME TO SEARCH LIGHTS CROSSING THE SKY, SIRENS BLAZING AND THEN Z CARS!!!!!!!!

MORE THAN ONE TOILET IN THE WHOLE STAND (I'M IN THE MAIN STAND CURRENTLY)!!!!!!!!

THE ROAR FROM OUR BLUE WALL SENDING A BIGGER SHIVER THAN THE WIND OFF THE NORTH SEA!!!!!!

When aeroplanes come to JLA the first thing they see is us, when cruise ships come in the first thing they see is us.

Commercially do you think Bon Jovi, Elvis, Slade etal want to play stadiums in Analfield when they can come to BMD and stay over the road!!

We need to embrace what we are getting, there is always going to be the my dad is bigger than your dad attitude with some.

Are there any documents I can find the capacity of each individual stand for thr new stadium? Questions always come up such as is x stand bigger than y stand, so it would be good to have that information on hand. I can only find the capacity of the South Stand.

Stating a fact is not being negative.... it is simply stating a fact.

At 40 rows the Park end is a small stand.... so, while increasing its depth by just 20 rows makes it a decent sized end stand, it wouldn't make it the super- home end that was supposed to be one of the prime features, with comparisons to Dortmunds South tribune (yellow wall) etc. Which when in standing mode is the equivalent of well over 120 rows.... which with the corners holds over 30k. No amount of positivity can distort the obvious disparity between the hype and the facts.
You’ve completely ignored my point about pointing out the huge difference in capacities of the Park End and the South Stand.

Weird.

Are there any documents I can find the capacity of each individual stand for thr new stadium? Questions always come up such as is x stand bigger than y stand, so it would be good to have that information on hand. I can only find the capacity of the South Stand.
I have tried to find these as was interested in how they would move the current season ticket holders. I could only find total capacity too.

If you're a maniac, you can count the individual seats on the plans. Split it into blocks, count the seats on one row, multiply by number of rows in the block.

I did that once.... I can't remember why... and I can't remember the numbers!

Some people! I know we are not getting the 100,000 seater stadium some think we should have, I know our blue wall isn't as big as Dortmund's yellow wall but let's look at the positives:
Commercially do you think Bon Jovi, Elvis, Slade etal want to play stadiums in Analfield when they can come to BMD and stay over the road!!
This message was brought to you from 1973.

Last edited:

You’ve completely ignored my point about pointing out the huge difference in capacities of the Park End and the South Stand.

Weird.

I haven't ignored it at all.... I've literally shown you how it is irrelevant because the Park end is only a small stand...... and also by comparing the south stand to what it is supposed to be emulating (and other stands that in most cases are not considered anything remarkable).

The south stand has just 2 rows and over 2k more seats than the Gwladys St, which has a church taking up one whole corner. Does anyone think the Gwladys Street is a mega sized home end? No, of course they don't! The South stand is smaller than both ends at Old Trafford, both ends of St James' Park (if you include corners of the gallowgate), the Holte end (which hasn't even got corners), smaller than the new Anfield Rd end which is not being marketed as a red wall and also hasn't got corners. 16 rows less than the Kop which will probably be redeveloped following the safestanding experiment in anycase, smaller than the big end at Sunderland, approx 40% smaller than Spurs South Stand. Less than the proposed extended Kop at Sheffield United (no corners)..... and several more besides. The only thing weird is continually ignoring those facts.....

Yes... it is a decent size and visually impressive and the corners add to it, but it is not quite what was sold to us..... and at £550-750m it probably should be at least that and more. Perhaps even moreso since North stand is a relative non-entity.

Because it is still a single tier stand.

The break in the stand is for the back of the safe standing. People in the first row of the upper (seated only) section won't have their view impeded by those ahead. (Believe it or not, not everybody behind the goal likes to stand.)

No. They can't, even if they make the upper section safe standing I think it's wide enough for a wheelchair to pass down that gap. (wheelchair bays at that level in all four corner quarters.

The reduced height was due to the clubs miserable cowing to UNESCO and English Heratige. Should have just flicked the Vs at them.

I get it, I'm also disappointed it's not a continual single stand. But I'd rather focus my energies on the continued miserable performance of our chairman and his staff of arse sniffers rather than being worried about a few shy and sensitive lads who are too bashful to start a chant down the front.
The whole point of a single tiered stand is that the fans can stand as one as that when you maximise the atmosphere. The atmosphere was the one thing fans wanted most from the stadium.

A small detail like a break in the stand will reduce significantly the number of times that the fans stand as one. You minimise the standing, you minimise the amount of times you can get an atmosphere.

Yes I know why they have made the gap, so that the upper tier can see. That's why I asked if the gap can be removed, in case the safe standing doesn't come in to place. In addition, I posted about making the very back safe standing too. If they had that then it would compensate somewhat for the lack of a continuous flow.

No not all fans want to stand, and you can get away with not all fans standing a little bit, again by compensating be having rail seats at the very back.

You can make light of fans feeling too bashful start chants, but joke about it or not, it makes a big difference. You need an area where the initial atmosphere is generated, and you need fans to feel they can let themselves go. If you fail to have that area where the noise is generated then you will restrict the amount of times, and length of time, you get an atmosphere.

If Everton were to reduce the height then why is there (or appears to be) a huge gap between the last row of seats and the roof?

Do you consider Spurs South Stand a single tier?

Because they have the “super riser” between standing and seating in exactly the same way we do.

Do you consider Spurs South Stand a single tier?

Because they have the “super riser” between standing and seating in exactly the same way we do.

Whether it has come in yet I don't know, but they have, or plan(ned) to, made the last 11 rows safe standing.

We need to get something like that in. Everton will need a way to ensure that the South Stand acts as one as often as possible. They do not want it to be half a Blue Wall. If Everton can get rail seats in there that will go a long way to doing that.

The whole point of a single tiered stand is that the fans can stand as one as that when you maximise the atmosphere. The atmosphere was the one thing fans wanted most from the stadium.

A small detail like a break in the stand will reduce significantly the number of times that the fans stand as one. You minimise the standing, you minimise the amount of times you can get an atmosphere.

Yes I know why they have made the gap, so that the upper tier can see. That's why I asked if the gap can be removed, in case the safe standing doesn't come in to place. In addition, I posted about making the very back safe standing too. If they had that then it would compensate somewhat for the lack of a continuous flow.

No not all fans want to stand, and you can get away with not all fans standing a little bit, again by compensating be having rail seats at the very back.

You can make light of fans feeling too bashful start chants, but joke about it or not, it makes a big difference. You need an area where the initial atmosphere is generated, and you need fans to feel they can let themselves go. If you fail to have that area where the noise is generated then you will restrict the amount of times, and length of time, you get an atmosphere.

If Everton were to reduce the height then why is there (or appears to be) a huge gap between the last row of seats and the roof?

Safe standing will come in to place, the only question is the ratio. Why would they remove a feature that has been designed for something that is going to happen, in case the thing that is going to happen, doesn't happen. Only to then put it back when the thing that is going to happen, happens.