New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not great then. Remember they were talking biggest home end in europe at 1 point
Screenshot_20221124-222418_Google.jpg

Never was that quoted anywhere.

This is Dortmund @ 25,000.

No, only if you reduce the leg room.

If you don't, the top seats are just further from the pitch vertically and the same distance away horizontally.

No, only if you reduce the leg room.

If you don't, the top seats are just further from the pitch vertically and the same distance away horizontally.
That's right. It's an illusion that steepness is closer and it's because of the legroom. In their minds they pivot a diagonal line rather than steps. You pivot steps you slide off. Hard to describe what I mean without drawing it.

By the way, am I right in saying that in Tottenham's huge South Stand, they've made the very last 11 rows rail seats?

Anybody comparing Liverpool and Everton stadia should realise that Liverpool have been winning trophies for fun for the past 30 years whereas we have had a handful of relegation fights, won one solemn cup 23 years ago, and had a best finish of 4th since the Premier League started - and still typically failed to get into the CL group.

Liverpool have fans in every single country and probably can count half of Asia as being Liverpool supporters.

They've been able to bully and force local residents out of their family homes to continually increase their ground size.

They are a money machine of a club and that won't change and didn't change in the periods without big success.

We are not.
We are crap and thus shouldn't feel entitled to have a bigger or better ground than them.

Ours will be newer, more modern and be in the best location in the city. I wouldn't swap a smaller BMD location ground with Anfield in a million years.

Great post.

I'm not interested in whether we have a bigger ground than them, we will certainly have a better ground. For the record I think we needed over

Regardless. This highlighed bit needs to be sent to Everton.

Self reflection from Bill Kenwright, DBB and any other hangers on.

What's happened to our club? That's what's happened to our club.

They let the club stand still and even go backwards, while every other club were progressive.

What shouldn't be lost on everyone is that while the new stadium is a big cost and certainly will be progress, it's something that Everton
had to do, because of the state of Goodison in this era. The lack of investment at Goodison is down to the impotent board. Which brings us back
to Golden Toffee's post. 35 years ago when we were champions we were second only to the RS and were a 'big 5' club. We helped shape the PL.

Funny how the PL has helped shape Everton in to this lower mid table hand to mouth club.

Good times. ;)

Spot on that. It's annoyed me that it is not a continuous flow of seats, and is more like two tiers. The whole point of a large single tier is to get the fans stood up as one as often as possible. I'd be interested to know if they can remove that divide so to get it back to one single tier.

Also mentioned elsewhere that's its 60 rows, originally it was 66?

It's going to be more like half a Blue Wall now, with the top tier sat.

Why haven't they made the back quarter rail seats too? That says to me that any standing we do get the stewards and the pa will be trying to get fans sat.

After all, it very high and steep up there, they will have safety concerns of fans stood at the back.

The very back has also been the traditional positiin for fans who generate the songs. So they want them all at the front. That won't work as well. Fans starting off songs are more comfortable doing so hidden away at the back right under the roof. Only ultras work well at the front.

I think this image is the one that we all probably got excited about.

And for some reason it is now split in two. Despite being split in to two, is the internal concourse for everyone in the stand?

Note the 3 tiers on the main stand. ?‍♂️

MEIS_Everton_Bowl.jpg

I think this image is the one that we all probably got excited about.

And for some reason it is now split in two. Despite being split in to two, is the internal concourse for everyone in the stand?

Note the 3 tiers on the main stand. ?‍♂️

View attachment 193009
Great image that but probably been changed over time.
The South Stand has 6 full roof trusses , don't think that's the case now.

Yeah great pic that @Davideeyore , probably the involvement of Everton that's made it worse rather than just doing what Dan Meis said to do. After all, one of Everton's stadium men is Alan Bowen, who for decades failed to improve the acoustics in the Lower Gwladys Street amongst other things.

I've not paid a great deal of attention to the internal layout so don't know about the concourse ls sorry.

My issue is we was sold a blue wall originally and now its a bit of a let down and looks to have 2 tiers instead of 1. (Even tho its still classed as 1)
Because it is still a single tier stand.
Spot on that. It's annoyed me that it is not a continuous flow of seats, and is more like two tiers. The whole point of a large single tier is to get the fans stood up as one as often as possible.
The break in the stand is for the back of the safe standing. People in the first row of the upper (seated only) section won't have their view impeded by those ahead. (Believe it or not, not everybody behind the goal likes to stand.)
I'd be interested to know if they can remove that divide so to get it back to one single tier.
No. They can't, even if they make the upper section safe standing I think it's wide enough for a wheelchair to pass down that gap. (wheelchair bays at that level in all four corner quarters.
The reduced height was due to the clubs miserable cowing to UNESCO and English Heratige. Should have just flicked the Vs at them.

I get it, I'm also disappointed it's not a continual single stand. But I'd rather focus my energies on the continued miserable performance of our chairman and his staff of arse sniffers rather than being worried about a few shy and sensitive lads who are too bashful to start a chant down the front.

I know its unfinished and has gaps in. Doesnt make it any more appealing when its done. Its still not the blue wall wave whatever it was made out to be originally.

Doesn it even have more seats than thr Gwladys Street does now?
And when the standing legislation changes, it will be able to hold over 50% more than the Gwladys Street.

It will be more intimate and intimidating than Spurs South stand and won’t have that corner wave that takes away from the intimidation factor at Spurs.

That's right. It's an illusion that steepness is closer and it's because of the legroom. In their minds they pivot a diagonal line rather than steps. You pivot steps you slide off. Hard to describe what I mean without drawing it.

By the way, am I right in saying that in Tottenham's huge South Stand, they've made the very last 11 rows rail seats?
No, they haven’t.

Spot on that. It's annoyed me that it is not a continuous flow of seats, and is more like two tiers. The whole point of a large single tier is to get the fans stood up as one as often as possible. I'd be interested to know if they can remove that divide so to get it back to one single tier.

It's going to be more like half a Blue Wall now, with the top tier sat.

Why haven't they made the back quarter rail seats too? That says to me that any standing we do get the stewards and the pa will be trying to get fans sat.

After all, it very high and steep up there, they will have safety concerns of fans stood at the back.

The very back has also been the traditional positiin for fans who generate the songs. So they want them all at the front. That won't work as well. Fans starting off songs are more comfortable doing so hidden away at the back right under the roof. Only ultras work well at the front.
Do you consider Spurs South Stand a single tier?

Because they have the “super riser” between standing and seating in exactly the same way we do.

You are negative.

You mention that the South stand is “only 20 rows deeper than the Park End”

Instead of putting it like that, why not say it is over double the capacity of the Park End? With the potential to eventually hold not far off 3 times as many people as the Park End?

Doesn’t that sound much better and impressive than your constant negative outlook?

Stating a fact is not being negative.... it is simply stating a fact.

At 40 rows the Park end is a small stand.... so, while increasing its depth by just 20 rows makes it a decent sized end stand, it wouldn't make it the super- home end that was supposed to be one of the prime features, with comparisons to Dortmunds South tribune (yellow wall) etc. Which when in standing mode is the equivalent of well over 120 rows.... which with the corners holds over 30k. No amount of positivity can distort the obvious disparity between the hype and the facts.