What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be the hour after Burnley in April. I left the pub at 2-2 and got home, saw the result and just slumped on the stairs, physically incapable of moving. As far as I was concerned we were gone. Done. Finished. Killed off.

Before that probably Bucharest.
Same, Wimbledon’94 thought we were down but last season being 5 points adrift and seeing no way of scoring/ winning games to get back. Was resigned to relegation. That’s probably it.

This season doesn’t look too promising either!

Wouldn't say 5-0 like we missed two good chances from Richy and maybe holgate?

They most definitely didn't look out though because our second half was shambolic, they were afraid playing against players who had never played a minute of professional football in their lives, never mind an fa cup Derby.

For me there hasnt been a single game in recent memory as embarrassing as that
Funny all these 'we should be 5-0' up type shouts...as if the opposition, when a goal down, says to themselves "let's pretend it's 0-0 everyone".

Gonna say getting absolutely tonked in the Zenith Data Final by palace. I was ten years old. My RS supporting brother tore me to shreds and I spent the evening crying in my room. It’s not really got any better since lol.
I was there at Wembley. Oh the horror!

Being in the millwall end when we lost to them away in the FA cup.

Was the only way I could get a ticket and I knew what to expect but I was still shocked by the level of hateful racist bile being spouted by virtually every single millwall fan. Such a typical cup performance from us as well, we basically bent over for them and gave a lot of genuinely awful people a night to remember.

Was also at the cup final loss to chelsea as a kid which was brutal but that was more simple heartbreak and less degrading my overall faith in humanity.

Same, Wimbledon’94 thought we were down but last season being 5 points adrift and seeing no way of scoring/ winning games to get back. Was resigned to relegation. That’s probably it.

This season doesn’t look too promising either!
Thing is we were still above the dotted line the night we lost to Burnley, but with Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Leicester on the horizon I wasn't expecting even 1 point, let alone 9.

We went 5 adrift before Chelsea, but I'd made peace by then and thought "screw it", lets just try and go down in style, so Burnley still stands as the big low.

The sale of Nick Barmby, that was grim, when Abel Xavier went a few years later it wasn't a big issue, but Barmby sucked.... we know we're you live ....

Right now after our beloved Salomon the Saviour had been betrayed by that Judas red nose Thelwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.