2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get about the Maupay signing is why didn't they look at his profile and how it fits with our style of play? Brighton look at how each player they recruit fits their play style? We don't and is it any wonder we end up with a 5 7" striker who we are launching balls up to when that's not his game. He's a tidy forward who can take the odd chance and link up with others on the floor he didn't fit the profile of what we needed if you play him he's more a Naismith who plays off a target man not up on his own. We needed pace and threat from out wide and or a number nine to rotate or replace Dom we brought in neither.

What I don't get about the Maupay signing is why didn't they look at his profile and how it fits with our style of play? Brighton look at how each player they recruit fits their play style? We don't and is it any wonder we end up with a 5 7" striker who we are launching balls up to when that's not his game. He's a tidy forward who can take the odd chance and link up with others on the floor he didn't fit the profile of what we needed if you play him he's more a Naismith who plays off a target man not up on his own. We needed pace and threat from out wide and or a number nine to rotate or replace Dom we brought in neither.

Even worse. When calvert lewin was available. Maupay was benched. Must admit that confused me a bit. Mind you just added to the list of Everton stuff thats confused me over the past 5 years.

Even worse. When calvert lewin was available. Maupay was benched. Must admit that confused me a bit. Mind you just added to the list of Everton stuff thats confused me over the past 5 years.
Lamps seems to think he's a number nine but we would have to change our entire playing style and formation for him to play/be effective there in my view.

Scrapper that comes off the left and scores 8-10 goals. He was bought to replace richarlison not Dcl

Sums up our scouting system, more jobs for the boys ?

Dom is so central to the strategy that it’s unworkable without him on the pitch
So, if we don't have a suitable replacement to meet his characteristics and our setup, the strategy has to change.

It's like when we'd play Michael Keane as a ball playing defender, who'd come out from the back, and wonder why it didn't work - square peg, round hole.

If you can't change the peg, change the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.