2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

His mates were getting punches thrown at them. He wanted to draw attention to it and stop it.

Two fans threw their shirts on the pitch.

All the fans were singing his name in recognition that he was the only player trying tonight
My observation at the ground was that something was said to him when we had a free kick with a few minutes to go on our side closest to Evertonians.
He retreated from Gray who was taking the FK but he was looking at the fans with a look of wtf on his face. There was a group of fans at the front of the away end who were arguing with another group a few rows back in the stands and it got pretty nasty before the game finished.
At the end of the game when the players approached the away fans Iwobi was trying to talk to someone in the crowd but it was all kicking off with the fans.
There was a chant in support of Iwobi and that’s when I got off as the whole second half watching was pretty toxic . I felt sorry for the many Dads who had brought young kids along to the match to be in the middle of all that.
I have been following Everton away from home for the last 40 odd years and it’s depressing most of the time but when our own supporters are trying to fight with each other then I start to think what’s the point any longer…depressing 7 days just endured.

My observation at the ground was that something was said to him when we had a free kick with a few minutes to go on our side closest to Evertonians.
He retreated from Gray who was taking the FK but he was looking at the fans with a look of wtf on his face. There was a group of fans at the front of the away end who were arguing with another group a few rows back in the stands and it got pretty nasty before the game finished.
At the end of the game when the players approached the away fans Iwobi was trying to talk to someone in the crowd but it was all kicking off with the fans.
There was a chant in support of Iwobi and that’s when I got off as the whole second half watching was pretty toxic . I felt sorry for the many Dads who had brought young kids along to the match to be in the middle of all that.
I have been following Everton away from home for the last 40 odd years and it’s depressing most of the time but when our own supporters are trying to fight with each other then I start to think what’s the point any longer…depressing 7 days just endured.

Sounds grim

Status
Not open for further replies.