2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it'll fix everything because the players do stink but the thing you can change right now is the manager so he has to go.

If you get the new guy in soon you have a second preseason to fix it maybe.

He bought Maupay and McNeil, he literally bought a winger and a striker!!!

Probably needs to be sacked just for them 2!
But do you think either of them were the centre forward signing he was looking for? Maupay is more of a backup / brought in late in the absence of other alternatives. McNeil is a young player for the future as much as now who happened to be available with Burnley going down

Striker was an area where he didn't land the signings, but did well in other areas - centre back and midfield

You do realise, it's the constant sackings, combined with piss poor recruitment and a tosser of an owner, that has us where we are, so yeah let's sack another one, after 1 real transfer window.

Unfortunately patience is so short in supply these days, in every part of life, instant gratification is a must for some, what a sorry state of affairs it really is.

I hear you but what if we give Lampard a lot of time and he's just not good enough? Right now, I don't see a decent manager. I wish I did.

I mean we were close to top 4 up until last few games and finished on 59 points. So I mean yeah we didn’t look great but he knew how to get results. Granted Benitez then ripped the creativity out of the team. But Lampard has done nothing to justify the faith he gets.
I'm not for blind faith, but I believe he's young and hungry and I think he understand this club and wants to make it successful. He isn't perfect and needs to learn, but we've tried the experienced, we've tried the up and coming all I'm saying is I believe it's time to back someone and for me I would back Frank and let see what he can do in the long term.

And before you ask if that is in spite of relegation, then yeah maybe relegation is what this shower of s@*t need, maybe a reset is what this club needs. I'm the last person who wants to see it, but flirting with it last season and now this season is utterly depressing.

Goalkeeper Jordan Pickford (one) has more assists this season than Anthony Gordon, Demarai Gray and Dwight McNeil combined (zero).

Worryingly, I don't think any other manager would have given us much more with the absolute garbage we have in the final third.
It's been an unacceptable week for me. Only way forward with Frank, more like the whole club even, right now is to get in at least 2 attacking players in January. And they have to be improvements on those mentioned. But can we take that for granted? That's what worries me more than sacking Frank.

Lost a lot of fans tonight and sounding and looking like he's lost a few of the players
You do realise, it's the constant sackings, combined with piss poor recruitment and a tosser of an owner, that has us where we are, so yeah let's sack another one, after 1 real transfer window.

Unfortunately patience is so short in supply these days, in every part of life, instant gratification is a must for some, what a sorry state of affairs it really is.
You make a good point but the situation regarding our attacking options is collective incompetence with fans seeing no accountability. We are continuing with a pattern of play which patently does not work with the players available.

1668272420105.png

Couldn't agree more with this!

I think we can say with a fair bit of certainty now that he’s not a good manager and he’s not doing a good job. The question now is simply whether the board can be trusted to get somebody who can come in and do better. I’m not sure on the answer to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.