January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfrey + Keane + Holgate + Mina = £35mil

Moise Kean = £25mil.

£60mil there and we'd just need a backup CB to come in (loan?) with the rest of the money spent on a top class forward.
We just need someone who can play through the middle like Dom but who can also make their own chances like Richarlison could, and a bit of decent service from out wide and we will be much better I'm sure.

I put some names out for goal scorers from midfield. That said maybe the first target should be for a prospect striker that can start at times but has a growth plate thats reflected in a reasonable price.

Since the summer I've thought Lassina Traore at Shakhtar checks a lot of boxes. His market has been derailed from the war but the Ajax pedigree, the fact he has been in form when able to play and a market price of just 9 million all point to some good business. Im sure he would enter the mid teens price wise, but considering Shakhtar's situation I could see him seeking a move earlier than initially planned.

That said other than that I cant seem to make a decent list of viable January targets at the position. Elye Wahi would be great but I dont think he leaves before the summer, Myron Boadu whose had a checkered time at Monaco possibly, but he's back in the team, Lois Openda if Lens want to make a quick profit from his superb start in france but he his carrying them up the table, Jonathan Burkhardt at Mainz possibly. All those would be vying for assurance in longterm starter roles which could complicate a move considering DCL.

I said it in the summer but the moves for Gimenez to Feyenoord, Luis Suarez to Marsielle and Hlozek to Leverkusen were good targets for us and bought at reasonable prices for their upside compared to the market. Not clear there are similar values currently.

On the rawer end Andreas Schjelerup in the Danish league could be a cheap add but hard to think he would add a real impact right away.

He's 5'9" apparently so doesn't exactly fit as a replacement/alternative for DCL?

I know who he is. But why are you suggesting players you've never even seen before? Most of those names you linked have been flops so far this season.

Matty Pennington ;)

Depending on Kyiv's need to bring in funds I'd go for Zabarnyi. He and Branthwaite to learn, develop from and push Coady/Tarkowski.

Theres some really top names available next summer so the top sides would likely go for them instead

Status
Not open for further replies.