New Everton Stadium Discussion

Did you complain about the name of the Dock before the Everton connection. In fact did anyone?
Albert Dock was named in honour of a person who was the consort of the biggest empire builder in the country's history, an empire that could only have been built with the building of the economy from the slave trade and by the conquering and down-troddening of many sovereign states. Let's start a petition to have that 'investigated by the media.

Victoria dock the same

Nelson, Wellington and Colingwood, all warmongers

CBA looking at the others

Last edited:
He has. Davek was the first to realise this unfortunate connection to the slave trade.

It's no surprise to me that it's now being brought up as others have caught on.

What's this about "thank god" the name won't change?

Dave is spot on, Bramley Moore was scum - his name should rightfully now die.

The sooner the club announce the name of the stadium the better. Because then it will be "the brand stadium development" rather than BMD.
Didn’t know you knew him.

Did you complain about the name of the Dock before the Everton connection. In fact did anyone?

Of course not.

But before Everton started declaring an interest in it I doubt many people would have been able to tell you where it was. It wasn't a famous dock prior to Everton.

Albert Dock was named in honour of a person who was the consort of the biggest empire builder in the country's history, an empire that could only have been built with the building of the economy from the slave trade and by the conquering and down-troddening of many sovereign states. Let's start a petition to have that 'investigated by the media.

Victoria dock the same

@chicoazul maybe we need to audit some responses on here as well.

@arch stanton Did you vote for Brexit and do you vote Tory?

People, don't be upset about the history of the naming of the dock. It is what it is and has no bearing on Everton, it's fans or the new stadium.

The name will be no more when we sell the naming rights in the near future.

We will not hide from the past but turn the negative history into a positive future of an Everton winning trophies hopefully before my time on this Earth is due to end.

Victoria dock the same

Bramley Moore
should be celebrated for what he did then

Bramley Moore
should be celebrated for what he did then
what he did should be remembered both in context of the times he lived in and in the context of today, and whether 'celebrated' is a word that one should use is a moot point. I wouldn't use it but I am not going to whine because others do.

It is likely that our current 'woke' times may be viewed quite differently in years to come so I'm not going to get high and mighty about it.

Of course not.

But before Everton started declaring an interest in it I doubt many people would have been able to tell you where it was. It wasn't a famous dock prior to Everton.
So it has carried the name for an age with no fuss whatsoever so now Everton are to revitalise a derelict decaying dock (still with the same name) and people are up in arms (well not many to be honest) . Wokeism stretched to the limit or in other words hypocritical.

So it has carried the name for an age with no fuss whatsoever so now Everton are to revitalise a derelict decaying dock (still with the same name) and people are up in arms (well not many to be honest) . Wokeism stretched to the limit or in other words hypocritical.

Who is up in arms about it? If you read the report from the historian the links and report he done intobit was last year.

Victoria dock the same

It was the start of our Industry in the 1700's that put us on the path to empire building.

Who is up in arms about it? If you read the report from the historian the links and report he done intobit was last year.
I haven't read the report as it doesn't interest me but I come on here for updates on the stadium and some of our fans are getting carried away with us being connected to someone that has been forgotten about and lived in an age when the world was totally different.
I just want to know about how the trusses are getting on :) in the dock that shouldn't be named