Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even before the shameful performance the other day this was going to be difficult. Just can’t see us scoring from open play, especially since DCL has gone missing again. Hopefully a set piece will do the trick for a 0-1 win but we don’t even seem to be able to take a decent set piece either. Corners for example. How difficult is it for at least one of our highly paid professionals to kick a ball about 30 metres with reasonable accuracy on a regular basis. Seems beyond them ?‍♂️

Even before the shameful performance the other day this was going to be difficult. Just can’t see us scoring from open play, especially since Dominic Calvert-Lewin has gone missing again. Hopefully a set piece will do the trick for a 0-1 win but we don’t even seem to be able to take a decent set piece either. Corners for example. How difficult is it for at least one of our highly paid professionals to kick a ball about 30 metres with reasonable accuracy on a regular basis. Seems beyond them ?‍♂️
Would settle for not watching us whack the ball 40-50 yards up to our 5'8" striker who will no doubt be marked by two center backs twice his size, let alone us take a half decent set piece. ?

Pickford, Patterson, Myko, Coady, Tarkowski, Onana, Ghana, Iwobi, Gray, ...........struggle with the rest.
Maybe play Onana right up top, include Garner, give Iwobi a free role, play Maupay see how he does if given help from Onana. I know it a desperation if nothing better is available

Pickford

Patterson
Coady
Tarkowski
Mykolenko

Gana
Onana
Iwobi

Gordon
Maupay
Gray

Would be nice to finally get one from a corner. Keep Onana a bit more disciplined and free up Iwobi and stop some gaps in midfield, hope one of Gray or Gordon has a good game and we should come away with all the points here.

Big if on the latter though

Pickford
Patterson, Coady, Tarks, Myko
Onana, Gueye, Garner
Iwobi
Gray, Maupay

Our wide men are currently providing nothing so have to go through the middle with Gray sitting off Maupay. Doucs maybe in for Onana.
I'd go for this too. Would mean there's always an extra body in midfield to sit with Gueye while Patterson and Mykolenko can push forward. I think having Gueye and Garner starting together would allow us to actually control a game for once too.

2 weeks ago we would have picked:
Pickford
Patterson - Coady - Tarkowski - Mykolenko
Onana - Gana
Iwobi
Gordon - DCL - Gray
and gone into the game confidently. The only forced change looks like Maupay in for DCL - shouldnt be that much different. I remain confident despite Tuesday. UTFT!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.