2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that a bit of a contradiction though? We don't know what we are as a club anymore or have a style...because we change managers every 18 months.

At the moment we have an entire new starting 11 that have played probably less that 20 games together (including friendlies). A back new back 4. New midfield. New attack (if you disregard Dom for Maupes). And that is gonna change again when we add in January.

We should expect it to be bumpy.
Exactly. What's the point of overhauling it again. You can't expect it to change over night everybody knows what the problem is there's nothing we can do until January.

Whatever football he's trying to play is impossible when your front players are incapable of creating anything or holding onto the ball.

We have to have a period of stability. Anything this season around 15th is improvement.

Defensively we are miles better.
Midfield we are clearly better
Forwards we are still way off.

We cannot keep changing manager, I refer to all the gloom-mongers to Einstein - he said the true definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

IF we believed enough to give him the job - then we have to give him time to achieve. That could be said for every manager we have had (with the exception of Allardyce and Benitez, who were both utter tossers).

We have to have a period of stability. Anything this season around 15th is improvement.

We cannot keep changing manager, I refer to all the gloom-mongers to Einstein - he said the true definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

IF we believed enough to give him the job - then we have to give him time to achieve. That could be said for every manager we have had (with the exception of Allardyce and Benitez, who were both utter tossers).
works for chelsea

Nobody can blame Frank for wanting to give a chance to those who dont play regularly. Its highlighted how bad our squad is. Its disappointing to see but I'm sure Frank isnt happy either. Those not good enough will be out of the door at the next opportunity, and I fully support Frank to clear out the dross.

Why are we talking about a new manager again when this one has barely got his feet under the table. He took over when the club was and still is a mess, no manager in world football will come here and have us playing winning attractive football in a matter of months with the absolute cowards they would have to rely on week in and week out.

Another managerial change will push us closer to relegation until it eventually happens. The first sign of discontent or bad results and everyone wants change thinking it will solve our problems! It won’t it will add to them.

Why are we talking about a new manager again when this one has barely got his feet under the table. He took over when the club was and still is a mess, no manager in world football will come here and have us playing winning attractive football in a matter of months with the absolute cowards they would have to rely on week in and week out.

Another managerial change will push us closer to relegation until it eventually happens. The first sign of discontent or bad results and everyone wants change thinking it will solve our problems! It won’t it will add to them.

coz some of our fans think they know better lol

Should probably pack his bags and just leave a change of clothes until Monday when he'll ultimately head back to London to recover from his bruising time at Everton. It's just what I think might happen. But I'd like him to stay, get two attackers in in January and make a success of things.

It almost feels like a habit or a ritual or now. Autumn / winter comes along and things are not perfect... the dissatisfaction starts in earnest.

So much for the deep root treatment within the club to change things around and ensure we put ourselves on a more successful path.

A year on, arguably looking more likely to be relegated now than we were at this stage last season. At least we had a top quality game-changer in the squad in Richarlison, yet we have since sold him and replaced him with a combination of a Brighton reserve and a proven incredibly low-scoring winger from Burnley.

Whatever the club did, they obviously got it wrong as usual.

Things won't change, regardless of any manager, unless drastic changes are made at boardroom level, and that isn't going to happen as they are all desperate to cling on and benefit from a sale of the club once the stadium is built.

Unfortunately for them and us, we may be a league lower by then and with a significantly lower value.

I don't want to change manager, but to be fair this certainly isn't 'the first sign of bad results'. We've lost half of the games we've played since he took over. I've said before, I don't think it's helpful to make out like it's crazy to be concerned or thinking Lampard isn't the right man for the job because it's totally understandable when you look at performances, results, and stats. I don't want him sacked but it's more because I just can't be bothered going through the whole thing again than anything else.

Herein lies my concern.

The midfield is better, yes, but now (after a promising first few games post-transfer window) it looks a far lesser operation than the sum of its parts would suggest. Gana and Onana have been played in some odd roles within the midfield, not to their strengths, and it has murdered our ability to move the ball with any effectiveness.

While I agree that we need patience with Lampard, we also can't afford to let that leash extend too far purely because we think we have some obligation to. This season I would personally say we're about 50/50 in terms of performances which show signs of a transition towards something better, and performances that just look like he's flinging some proverbial at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I'd say the next 4-5 games will be crucial in understanding which of those is the truth. If it's the latter we need to bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.