Tom Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about the match going crowds but on here he would be slated and written off within a couple of months if he had a few bad matches, or by some of the same fans would be lauded as a wunderkind if he scored a few goals and played ok. (Only to slate him even more harshly if he had the temerity to stop scoring for a few months)

Some people really need football to be able to shout loudly and confidently their opinions to make themselves feel like they are knowledgeable about at least one thing in their lives.

I wonder how often a youth player is thrown in the deep end when not thought ready and surprises their coaches. People get excited about the idea of dropping misfiring but more experienced players and throwing a youngster in but history does seem to suggest it's a pure hit and hope option with very small odds of succeeding, and a manager at this level should be better than that.

I mean I love it every time seeing a youngster come on or even start but looking at it clinically you would want the manager doing it only when they are actually sure they are ready.

Should be given a chance.

Remember Moyes gave Rooney a go.
Joe Royle was 19 on 8th Apr.1968
Played in the Cup Final 6 weeks later.

If you're good enough you're old enough.
That was then I know and it's the Premier League.
But it's Bournemouth away ffs, not Barca away.

Edit 1;...if you're good enough
Edit 2: Maupay; how good do you have to be?
Edit 3; play 2 up front

Edit; 4 Frank needs to pull some sort of rabbit out of the hat...why not Cannon for a 1 off surprise

Last edited:

I can had an old scouse trainer called Tommy when I played under 18’s for the Wyoming Tigers in the 90’s who used yell at us and say ‘Underr Eeeeighteeens OVAAHHHH EEEEYYYAA’ and he always used to tell us about someone called ‘Cannonball Flemin’ who had the eaaardest shot in leeague baccchh in’ day. Still makes me laugh and i think he passed a couple of years back.

Why not give him 10 mins off the bench..either he has a decent cameo or if he's not ready he goes back to u23s. He may just hit abit of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.