2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's never going to live down that miss last night. It's going to haunt him for years.

He's never going to be good enough so he needs to disappear off to League One and take his skateboard and dodgy clothes with him.

Couldn't you have just stopped the sentence here? Don't understand people's obsession with him away from football.

He's never going to live down that miss last night. It's going to haunt him for years.

He's never going to be good enough so he needs to disappear off to League One and take his skateboard and dodgy clothes with him.
If England players can get over missing penalties in major competitions I'm sure he will eventually get over missing a league cup sitter

His footballing abilities are limited and he’s nowhere near Premier League standard. But if he wants to skateboard round town dressed as Willy Wonka that’s up to him.

Oh but he demands we pay attention to his goofball antics. Not satisfied with winning the lottery with his minimal talent, he also needs to act the clown to grab attention.

…I get the impression he’s really knuckled down this season to get himself fit & earn a new deal but he’s always been ‘heavy legged’ & doesn’t have the ability or technique in possession to counter his physical inefficiencies.

…I get the impression he’s really knuckled down this season to get himself fit & earn a new deal but he’s always been ‘heavy legged’ & doesn’t have the ability or technique in possession to counter his physical inefficiencies.
I think the time of ‘give him a chance he’s young’ has passed and this is his level.

Sadly. Looked a great young prospect. Seems to be a bang average squad player, too good for lower leagues but not good enough for PL.

I don’t say this to be disparaging, he’s a nice lad but sometimes we have to be honest and ruthles.

i wonder how different the narrative would be around him if his shot was the right side of the post in the derby?

But it hasn't been for him, has it?

He missed a makeable shot late that would have won the derby played behind closed doors in spring 2020.

He was in on DDG late and passed to Mina (?!??) offside, should have [Poor language removed] probably would have scored to win at OT

He scuffed a chance against Forest early this season

It’s mind blowing to see video from when he broke in. Not just the city goal, for the resto of that season he was an aggressive attacker. Not a lot of finesse but plenty of malice and a ruthless streak. Even his demeanor was different.

Somewhere he lost that. You have to say now that although he’s not going to be an attacking midfielder he just doesn’t have composure when the ball finds him in front of goal.

Full disclosure, I have a Davies 26 shirt because I was quite the fan when he broke in. I gave it to my brother to wear at the Baltimore game. Some fellow came up to him and said “ you got some balls to wear that in public” To be fair there were more than a few of them.

I think the time of ‘give him a chance he’s young’ has passed and this is his level.

Sadly. Looked a great young prospect. Seems to be a bang average squad player, too good for lower leagues but not good enough for PL.

I don’t say this to be disparaging, he’s a nice lad but sometimes we have to be honest and ruthles.

….I think his current deal expires next summer, so if he doesn’t leave in January it looks like he’ll be able to negotiate a lucrative contract elsewhere with a club who will get him for free.

It’s mind blowing to see video from when he broke in. Not just the city goal, for the resto of that season he was an aggressive attacker. Not a lot of finesse but plenty of malice and a ruthless streak. Even his demeanor was different.

Somewhere he lost that. You have to say now that although he’s not going to be an attacking midfielder he just doesn’t have composure when the ball finds him in front of goal.

I've said a thousand times that culture comes from the top, There's not a single streak of ruthlessness at this club, the people at the helm are wet through, and anyone who does have it gets it drained from them by these zombies. I remember Moyes first arriving, visibly fuming in an interview at Old Trafford stating he came there to win. I was delighted with the response. Then what happened to him? Nice little old Everton culture was painted on him. I see Lampard making some noises but see how long that lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.