Weird Everton superstitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. We never lose when I visit my sister's house on the south coast ... this includes Farrelly's relegation saving goal in the 90s. It was a baking hot day and everyone was outside apart from me following the match on the radio. They thought I was dying when I roared as he scored. Those were the days I was passionate about togger.
2. We lose badly if I'm doing DIY at the time. I refer to the winter of misery the year I was refitting the bathroom and teams worked out that Bobby M didn't coach defence.
3. We don't do well unless I wear my lucky Everton shirt. I don't have a lucky Everton shirt.

I always kiss the badge on my shirt the morning of a weekend game, doesn’t effect a result either way but it’s just something I’ve done for years

If we have a midweek game and I’m finishing work, unless it’s an 8pm KO I won’t get a stream up past kick off time as we’re likely to be losing or be in a bore draw

If we’re away from home and I’m out and about on match day I invariably don’t check the score until after the game because I can guarantee as soon as I check the other team score at that moment. Worst is when they’ve played 6 extra mins, I think they’ve finished so turn on and some c’*t then notches for the others right at death.

I've kept up my dad's tradition of keep female members of our family, especially my mums side, out of the living room during a live game. He forever blames my nan for losing against Man Utd in 85 Cup final because she said "don't worry they'll score in a minute" at 0-0 at half time during extra time. 37 years that tradition.

I also never sit in the main stand as the last 2 games I sat there were a 3 nil loss to Tranmere, and a 2 nil derby loss in 2009 where my car broke down in the pouring rain on the way home. Ah yes, my girlfriend at the time dumped me that day too.

Status
Not open for further replies.