Match Thread Fulham v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In principle I agree. However, Gray and Gordon are doing my head in, particularly away from home. There is far too little end product from the pair of them but our only alternative out wide is McNeil. If we're going to play the formation we are currently playing (and I'm not sure that was the original plan) then we need more threat from our wide forwards. If the current two aren't going to do it then we need someone coming in who can.
Yeah you see, I appreciate it when people don’t want to give an opinion, but it also does my head in when people say things like ‘we need a winger’ ‘we need a striker’ ‘we need a new manager’ yet when you call them out on it they sit on the fence.

I agree with you that we need a wide player, my choice would be Joao Pedro, quick, young, could become our next Richy. Signed a new contract with Watford but that means nothing now days. 30m should do it.

My main focus is Everton and then who we play which was newly promoted Fulham.

A draw 1 shot and poor performance is not pleasing and thankfully the manager agrees.

We simply can not keep blaming the officials as bad as they are we need to shift the focus back to ourselves.

As fans we shouldn't be happy with a backs to wall 0-0 against Fulham, regardless of the circumstances.
Happy and accepting are two different things though.

In the current situation, I'm accepting that we went to an away ground, who were scoring goals for fun and left with a clean sheet and a point.
The only team that being said, that have kept Fulham quiet at home so far this season.

As a Fulham supporter really happy with Silva as manager who gets the best out of players particularly Mitrovic and several others so not sure what went wrong for him at Everton.

….morning Matey. He was generally popular here & it’s on record that our DoF at the time (Marcel Brands) particularly rated him but the expectations at Everton are very high and periods of non-progression become high-pressure.

He certainly seems to have found a good formula at Fulham & we were happy to escape with a point on Saturday.

As a Fulham supporter really happy with Silva as manager who gets the best out of players particularly Mitrovic and several others so not sure what went wrong for him at Everton.

The recruitment ahead of his second season was abysmal. I don't know how much say he had in that though.

Sidibe
Kean
Gbamin
Delph

What an absolutely dreadful window, especially after selling Gueye. He also signed Iwobi that summer who took a good two years to settle in here.

I always thought he was a very decent coach. I liked a lot of what he did in the second half of his first season, but the money that was spent that summer on poor players was crazy.

1667211912176.png

That's the run of results that got him canned. Any manager would have gotten the ax, especially after that derby result.

He was the manager who happened to be on the job when the bad habits of the owner and the dysfunction in the boardroom most clearly manifested itself in poor roster construction. Silva and Brands were supposed to sign and develop young talent, but no one above them subscribed to that.

He had bad luck with injuries but it was mostly that he was stuck with a collection of high priced, ill fitting and often miserable players - FL has made a point of prioritizing high-character individuals but we had a lot of senior players on high salaries with senses of entitlement despite poor performance.

Some thought he was "too nice." That wasn't fair.

Leaving Ancelotti out of the question since that was a unicorn, If you asked our fans who is the one manager out of the lot we've had since Martinez who should have had more time or who they'd take back it's Silva. I'm happy to see him doing well at Fulham, he's a good man and he deserves it. I was just terrified that we were going to pass on the escalator.

Happy and accepting are two different things though.

In the current situation, I'm accepting that we went to an away ground, who were scoring goals for fun and left with a clean sheet and a point.
The only team that being said, that have kept Fulham quiet at home so far this season.
A lot of fans are ecstatic with this point . I get it they've hit a bit form but they're no mancity lol its Fulham.

View attachment 189038

That's the run of results that got him canned. Any manager would have gotten the ax, especially after that derby result.

He was the manager who happened to be on the job when the bad habits of the owner and the dysfunction in the boardroom most clearly manifested itself in poor roster construction. Silva and Brands were supposed to sign and develop young talent, but no one above them subscribed to that.

He had bad luck with injuries but it was mostly that he was stuck with a collection of high priced, ill fitting and often miserable players - FL has made a point of prioritizing high-character individuals but we had a lot of senior players on high salaries with senses of entitlement despite poor performance.

Some thought he was "too nice." That wasn't fair.

Leaving Ancelotti out of the question since that was a unicorn, If you asked our fans who is the one manager out of the lot we've had since Martinez who should have had more time or who they'd take back it's Silva. I'm happy to see him doing well at Fulham, he's a good man and he deserves it. I was just terrified that we were going to pass on the escalator.
Walking out of the ground after the 0-2 v Norwich I had decided he was our worst manager ever and had to go …

I get it they've hit a bit form but they're no mancity lol its Fulham.

NBA great Rasheed Wallace made a career of winding up everyone, opponents, refs, his own coach and teammates, usually by saying stuff that was true but no one wanted to hear.

His best known:

"Ball don't lie." Which is a beautiful piece of Zen, isn't it.

Well:

1667223238748.png

table don't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.