Match Thread Fulham v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing a lot thick people on twitter saying ‘all of sudden everyone expects us to play like 1970s Brazil”.

Nobody does. Just felt a lack of effort and
More ambition sees us take 3 points. Winning 1 and losing 1 is better than two draws. Have to start going for games and the players looked careless about it barring 3/4
Of them

Think we are trying to win on break away but keep it tight. Then use the crowd at Goodison to push on.

I honestly have no idea what people expect.
I agree. We are trying to grind out results away from home, playing on the break and defending.

To win away from home, our forwards have to be much better than they were yesterday.

We were good in 1st half. But 2nd half was frustrating to watch, we let Fulham control the game too much - but we were away. I think we let Robinson too much space, allowing him to dictate play on the left. Idk why we let Antonee Robinson go (I'm glad things worked out with Mykolenko but he could've been so useful when we were short of LBs).

Would have lost if not for some solid defending. I think our weakness is that is our FB and Mid is not winning the ball enough and when they did, they couldn't string a proper pass to hit Fulham on a counter - instead they turn it over almost immediately to Fulham. That resulted in conceding a lot of shots. I think this is the same problem in other games. So I'll take 1 point - disappointed but relief

Mykolenko is getting better. Launched many quality crosses and defended well.

Seeing a lot thick people on twitter saying ‘all of sudden everyone expects us to play like 1970s Brazil”.

Nobody does. Just felt a lack of effort and
More ambition sees us take 3 points. Winning 1 and losing 1 is better than two draws. Have to start going for games and the players looked careless about it barring 3/4
Of them
Performing poorly away from home seems to be a mindset problem to me.

I've not long finished watching the game "live". Great start, first 20 minutes or so, but seemed to get pegged back too much after that. Defence was tidy, but I can't help but feel quietly disappointed by too many of the forward players. In the words of early Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well. At least we got a point.

Course you want to win every game but I think after the last few years making us hard to beat and then pushing on from that is what we should be aiming for. Good point, didn't concede. Onto the next one

Exactly this. We were lucky to avoid relegation 5 months ago,now we go away to a higher placed team, who's home form is very good and nick a point and clean sheet. I'd say it's an acceptable result. Clearly others want peak Barca ?

Status
Not open for further replies.