2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a very good game tonight, beat Pickford, who was also excellent, to MOTM for me. I've said before, he reminds me of a left sided Hibbo, that is not a bad thing, there were very few who got much change out of Hibbo in his prime and there are very few getting any change out of Mykolenko at the moment. Sadly, Hibbo was very limited going forward and so is Mykolenko.

For where we are currently as a team, Mykolenko is a good solid full back. If and when we progress to be a team who genuinely challenge for the European places then we will need an upgrade, but, for now, he is a very decent option for us.

I was always a Hibbo-hater. So limited it made your eyes water. He got away with murder coz he was local.
The opposing half of the pitch was a foreign country to him. The odd sliding tackle and every pass was backwards.

Mykolenko scored a crucial goal in the club's history at Leicester last season and was on-target
against Palace last week. Hibbert's only goal was in his testimonial and looked dodgy.

I was always a Hibbo-hater. So limited it made your eyes water. He got away with murder coz he was local.
The opposing half of the pitch was a foreign country to him. The odd sliding tackle and every pass was backwards.

Mykolenko scored a crucial goal in the club's history at Leicester last season and was on-target
against Palace last week. Hibbert's only goal was in his testimonial and looked dodgy.
Why reply to yourself Roy ? And what's your point - only you truly know so it's unfair to monopolise the space !

Maybe it's just me but I v Fulham I thought I saw a subtle change, something going forward was more positive.
I gave potd to Pickford but Mykoletc was next best imo

Got to say that this lad is incredible at defending and was my MOTM last night.

Add to that how young and impressionable he seems to be and we could have a great LB on our hands if he keeps improving at the rate he has since he joined.

You can tell he is still not confident in himself because as soon as he does anything he looks for Coady and Tarkowski to high five him to validate what he has just done. In time he won’t need that because he will realise he is doing class for us

Status
Not open for further replies.