2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said: "let's move on". But some of you wont, so a clarification seems necessary.

The 2019 comments on Seamus were, and are, a reflection of his falling away at that time from the consistent high standards of play he was once capable of. That doesn't mean that today in a terrible Everton team he cant continue to compete for and command a starting place. That's inclusive of the challenge of Patterson.

That's the context to those earlier posts.

I'm sure that wont be accepted though and I'll be advised to 'stop digging' etc.

Take it or leave it.
6ybyya.jpg

It's all about context. The vaults dont reflect that.

For the sake of clarity I'll say this: I was right that Coleman wasn't good enough for a starting place, but in an Everton team that has a callow youth like Patterson still struggling with injures and inexperience at this level Seamus IS worth a starting place. That just reflects where we are as a club right now.

Check the vaults btw: I was advocating a new RB for this club even after Patterson was signed.
Please stop digging! I beg of you. We won't be able to see you soon.

Nathan Patterson would smoke JJK at right back and in all honesty, is now a better option than Coleman (who has been very good the last few weeks and still has a part to play this season). When Patterson is fit he goes straight back into the team.

I always felt that Coleman came in for more than his fair share of criticism playing in a back four with CB’s prone to making mistakes. I never doubted he would be excellent cover for Patterson and his performance against Palace was top drawer, Zaha was left very frustrated. Patterson has looked bright this season, still too early to assess his suitability as the heir to Coleman both in terms of can he stay fit for a season and maintain consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.