2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go back 10 years, and we were congratulating ourselves on having the two best backs in the league in Coleman and Baines. Coleman is older now and has clearly lost a step or two. There are many in this forum that consistently slag off players past their prime for the reason of being past their prime. Jags was another, so was Howard. Coleman was always one footed with questionable crossing ability, but consistently a good header of the ball at the back post and well-positioned defensively. He could be counted on to run at the defense aggressively a few times a game with the ball as well.

Patterson is definitely a player, but let us not re-write history and claim that he is proven as being better than Coleman was yet.
The grand total of 7 games for young glass legs and the clueless are crowning him as the Caledonian Cafu.

It's hilarious.

As I said: "let's move on". But some of you wont, so a clarification seems necessary.

The 2019 comments on Seamus were, and are, a reflection of his falling away at that time from the consistent high standards of play he was once capable of. That doesn't mean that today in a terrible Everton team he cant continue to compete for and command a starting place. That's inclusive of the challenge of Patterson.

That's the context to those earlier posts.

I'm sure that wont be accepted though and I'll be advised to 'stop digging' etc.

Take it or leave it.

As I said: "let's move on". But some of you wont, so a clarification seems necessary.

The 2019 comments on Seamus were, and are, a reflection of his falling away at that time from the consistent high standards of play he was once capable of. That doesn't mean that today in a terrible Everton team he cant continue to compete for and command a starting place.

That's the context.

I'm sure that wont be accepted though and I'll be advised to 'stop digging' etc.

Take it or leave it.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

The 2019 comments on Seamus were, and are, a reflection of his falling away at that time from the consistent high standards of play he was once capable of. That doesn't mean that today in a terrible Everton team he cant continue to compete for and command a starting place. That's inclusive of the challenge of Patterson.

Take it or leave it.
Im gonna leave it if its ok with you Dave.

Im gonna leave it if its ok with you Dave.

It's all about context. The vaults dont reflect that.

For the sake of clarity I'll say this: I was right that Coleman wasn't good enough for a starting place, but in an Everton team that has a callow youth like Patterson still struggling with injures and inexperience at this level Seamus IS worth a starting place. That just reflects where we are as a club right now.

Check the vaults btw: I was advocating a new RB for this club even after Patterson was signed.

For the sake of clarity I'll say this: I was right that Coleman wasn't good enough for a starting place, but in an Everton team that has a callow youth like Patterson still struggling with injures and inexperience at this level Seamus IS worth a starting place. That just reflects where we are as a club right now.

Check the vaults btw: I was advocating a new RB for this club even after Patterson was signed.
We know Dave, cos young Patters had the nerve to play for Rangers.

Anyway, hes back soon, im sure you can agree thats a very good thing.

Every time you attempt to defend yourself at this point, i cry for you.

Patterson is definitely a player, but let us not re-write history and claim that he is proven as being better than Coleman was yet.
Nobody is saying that he is better than Coleman  was, they're saying he's better than Coleman  is.

He's been a wonderful servant but he's done at this level. One ok performance at home against Crystal Palace doesn't change that basic fact.

Nobody is saying that he is better than Coleman  was, they're saying he's better than Coleman  is.

He's been a wonderful servant but he's done at this level. One ok performance at home against Crystal Palace doesn't change that basic fact.
I want to be clear...I think Patterson has what it takes. I don't want to see Coleman demeaned to make that point.

Take it or leave it.

991E67FC-4612-4277-B264-B4AD69EE861E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.