2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always loved watching languid winger types who are at their quickest with the ball.

Takes a lot of the running off your team when you can cut through a defence like that.

The way McNeil carved them open showed confidence, and if Lampard can do for him what he's done for Iwobi, then he's a steal at 15m, 22 yrs old.
It was a remarkable run / dribble. If he can do more of that, he will become a great player for us. He took so many palace players out of the game, it was devastating.

Would be harsh on him not to get the start on Sunday. He's earned it. Maybe impact sub is his best usage but if he's second on the team in goals with essentially half of the side's minutes played, he should be given a go.

Would be harsh on him not to get the start on Sunday. He's earned it. Maybe impact sub is his best usage but if he's second on the team in goals with essentially half of the side's minutes played, he should be given a go.
Gray is going to need a rest soon and haven’t known Lampard to not play the hot handed players

The defending on his goal was atrocious. Not saying it wasn't a beauty, but how easily he cut inside and was suddenly in an acre of space was vomit defending. His ball to Iwobi was perfectly weighted and he smashed home that back heal brilliantly.

Thank you very much just off the charts bad defending to set it all up.
The run caused panic. It may have been bad defending, but the run caused hesitation and panic which.

When we have control of the game I think McNeil is one of the first guys you want on the pitch. The problem is we rarely have control of the game and that is by design.

So is he best utilized as a super sub and player that can start games we dominate possession and/or can slow the game down? That is my though process.

When we have control of the game I think McNeil is one of the first guys you want on the pitch. The problem is we rarely have control of the game and that is by design.

So is he best utilized as a super sub and player that can start games we dominate possession and/or can slow the game down? That is my though process.
His defensive stats are very good though too.

The defending on his goal was atrocious. Not saying it wasn't a beauty, but how easily he cut inside and was suddenly in an acre of space was vomit defending. His ball to Iwobi was perfectly weighted and he smashed home that back heal brilliantly.

Thank you very much just off the charts bad defending to set it all up.
McNeil did everything right, but he was helped by Palace doing absolutely nothing. It was a great goal, but Id be pretty pissed off about how much space hes given if I was a palace supporter.

McNeil did everything right, but he was helped by Palace doing absolutely nothing. It was a great goal, but Id be pretty pissed off about how much space hes given if I was a palace supporter.
Disagree. It was good play by McNeill tat made the space, I’m not sure there was anything they could do about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.