2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Moyes era was practically a different era of football compared to these days. Back then it was a top 4 not a top 6 and the money that was invested/being thrown about clubs was nothing like it is today. All the clubs have a lot of money these days, back then only a few had serious money. You could pick up a half decent player for a few million whereas the basic benchmark is double figures these days.

You still can now you just have to be brave.

Hi mate. :bye: I really appreciate the effort you went to to provide us with these stats. Your timing was impeccable. Coming straight after 3 defeats on the bounce. I notice you weren't providing these stats when we'd just won 2 on the bounce...

Yet you actually said 'stats can be spun.' lol Oh, the irony.

Anyway, any chance of an update now?

I’ll update you John. The thing is we didn’t actually win on Saturday because Vieira handed us the points. Southampton we lost because Pickford had to make a save in the second half. Liverpool hit the post so that result doesn’t count either, see also Brentford and West Ham. Leeds away our goal came from their mistake so that didn’t count, and against Forest our goal came from a goalkeeper assist and defensive error so that was a defeat as well. So technically we have 0 points as it stands. Not looking good :(

I just watched his post match interview, the response to the Tarkowski role in the 'melee' was brilliant. I'm paraphrasing but 'I want to see my players stand up for each other... there is a line and you don't want them to cross it, but isn't that what we all want from Everton players? to stand up for themselves?'

It's nice to have a team that has a backbone again.

I just watched his post match interview, the response to the Tarkowski role in the 'melee' was brilliant. I'm paraphrasing but 'I want to see my players stand up for each other... there is a line and you don't want them to cross it, but isn't that what we all want from Everton players? to stand up for themselves?'

I know it's an absolute waste of my time but does anyone have a video of the incident on the pitch?

Hi mate. :bye: I really appreciate the effort you went to to provide us with these stats. Your timing was impeccable. Coming straight after 3 defeats on the bounce. I notice you weren't providing these stats when we'd just won 2 on the bounce...

Yet you actually said 'stats can be spun.' lol Oh, the irony.

Anyway, any chance of an update now?
Yes no problem....

That win, no matter how good doesn`t make that much difference if the we don`t follow up on this result and that performance, 1 swallow doesn`t make a summer.

More frustratingly is that performance has been in them yet we`ve not done ourselves justice in the previous 3 games, had we played like that I`m sure we would have got something from those.

With that win Frank does over take Walter Smith win %, Franks is now 30%, Points Per Game (PPG) is still 1.10 and still 3rd worst behind Benitez and Walker but he still remains bottom of the lot for Goals Per Game.

I`m hoping this is the turn in our fortunes, these stats can change significantly if we keep putting on shows like we saw on Saturday.

1666622142492.png

I love stuff like this because it completely lacks context, relative starting points and ignores direction of travel.

What was Moyes’ ppg after his first season in charge for instance?

How much has each manager spent in their time in charge?

Lampard took over while we were in the midst of one of our worst runs on record. The team and fans were in despair and we were deep into a relegation battle.

If you can’t see the difference between where we were then (the last time we played palace) and where we are now (playing them off the park) then I’m not entirely sure football is the sport for you.

Clearly Joe Royle picked up a worst scenario afetr Mike Walker and his stats are favourable, this isn`t a stick to beat anyone but a barometer of what has gone on previously, as you say a starting point!

Feel free to add some meat to the bones, or are you going to criticise but not want to put the effort in to research yourself?

Because people have been asked for patience since 1987 and it has lead precisely nowhere. In other words, you are demanding of the starving that they remain starving on the off chance that things will get better in the future. You couldn't blame anybody for feeling that the whole thing was a waste of everybody's time. That's why. 35 years of abject mediocrity and the cry every time a manager struggled was to "keep the faith". Well, for rational people, there is no "faith". It's a results business. Nobody should be personally invested in any manager. The board, fundamentally, is the issue. Patience with any manager is almost beside the point. It's a new board that just might be worth waiting for.
Patience is not a transferable commodity, nor is the lack of it.

We were a bit too much like Robert "bob" Paulson, before he entered fight club.

Yes no problem....

That win, no matter how good doesn`t make that much difference if the we don`t follow up on this result and that performance, 1 swallow doesn`t make a summer.

More frustratingly is that performance has been in them yet we`ve not done ourselves justice in the previous 3 games, had we played like that I`m sure we would have got something from those.

With that win Frank does over take Walter Smith win %, Franks is now 30%, Points Per Game (PPG) is still 1.10 and still 3rd worst behind Benitez and Walker but he still remains bottom of the lot for Goals Per Game.

I`m hoping this is the turn in our fortunes, these stats can change significantly if we keep putting on shows like we saw on Saturday.

View attachment 188312
They are nonsense stats though. The question you have to ask is did any of those previous managers start at such a low bar and have to dig us out of the crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.