2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Work ethic and defensive contributions are two areas where he excels.
Pace not his strong suit, agreed.

In fairness literally anyone who had a brain could tell he offers loads like this people just chose to ignore it because he played for Burnley, now they'll be quiet like they've had to be with Tarkowski. I believe there was a video put out before he signed that basically said he was a world class defensive winger based on loads of different metrics. Fair enough you want your forwards scoring and assisting but the defensive effort is massively important in the modern game too, there's a reason that every one of Patterson's best games came with McNeil in front of him.

If he can contribute 10 g/a in a season and help the likes of Patterson get forward too, as well as providing defensive help then he'll be an absolute snip at just £15m, I've said it since he signed that people just need to give him an actual chance. Too many fools judge a player on where they've played before like I've said with him and Tarkowski of course who's now become one of our best players instantly. 22 year old lad with a bright future, just needs a chance, especially with Calvert Lewin playing who he's barely shared the pitch with.

Status
Not open for further replies.