Match Thread Everton vs Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Result proving that the doomsayers on here know very little about football.

Think that performance had been coming tbf

Actually love our midfield and back line at the moment, what astute business we have done to freshen that up and good to see us click in the forward areas

Have a kind run in to the World Cup now, let’s see if we can’t go into that in the top 7

90FC50AE-EA2B-409C-A4C0-3B1E515EACB7.jpeg

Best performance since Leeds at home last season.

Fancied us when I saw they had Milivojevic in for Doucoure, but didn't think it'd be as comfortable as that.

Iwobi, Onana, DCL and Coleman all worthy MotM contenders.

So it's fair to say a lot of enthusiasm and goodwill has been sucked out of us with 3 losses In a row and not too many shots on goal either . They were tough fixtures but we need to improve.
View attachment 187922
Next up is Crystal Palace at home . Last time we played them it was fairly tense and exciting I think . Can't remember much !
They ain't bad. But one we need to win.
3 games in a week we will probably see a little rotation. Maybe we see Holgate and Garner to start.

We will need to create more and get the crowd up for this. A bouncing Goodison is a tough place to go.
View attachment 187923
So come on blues . Into these soft southerners and make us believe a little again.
UTFT
Just looking at that picture. Wtf would you break you own goalposts. Move cost to the club. Duh

I thought the final goal was an absolute cracker. Great dribble from O'Neill, then a back heal one two with Iwobi. Lovely stuff.

Just shows what we can do when we move the ball quickly. In our sticky little run too many players just wouldn't release the football.
they didnt release the ball in the last few games as they didnt have options to pass to, yesterday there were options, the second goal
epitomising that.

Think Palace we’re trying to flip the script and not let us attack the Street end 2nd half after last time …didn’t work lol
I noticed this, but interestingly they kicked off, which I thought meant we won the toss and chose to change ends? Which would be odd if we did that.

I think everyone recognises that we need to be better in the attacking third but the 'spine' of the team needed so much work that I can understand why we prioritised there during this window, two new CB's, two new CM's and a better back-up CF on limited funds was a big challenge and the overall work there was pretty good.

That we tried for the likes of Kudus suggests that we recognise the issue as Gray & Gordon should really be rotation/impact-subs at this level, not convinced that the options will be there in January but we seem to be moving forward for the first time in a while.

they didnt release the ball in the last few games as they didnt have options to pass to, yesterday there were options, the second goal
epitomising that.
Agreed. It is a little chicken and egg, though. If nobody is passing, players will be less inclined to run into space and if players don't think they will get runners they'll try and do everything themselves. I also think we have more movement against the supposedly lesser teams and I wish we had more balls against the Sky 6, even if it results in the odd tonking.

Status
Not open for further replies.