2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Frank needs to improve on his substitutions tactically when we need it and that didn’t get tested today.

However, I think we need to give him real credit for coming in and creating a spirit at the end of last season and then building on that by bringing in real characters to harness that spirit.

For the first time in a long time I feel like I like our players and our team and for large parts, I trust they will give it their all and if they lose then that is either down to us not being good enough yet or because Frank is a young manager who will make mistakes but we just have to hope he learns from them in the longer term.

I said it in a thread I created the other day and I stand by it, Frank shouldn’t be judged on the 3 games that came before this one but he should be judged on our run now to the WC break as we are playing the sort of teams that are supposed to be in and around us.

Well i reckon he has the full support of Kenwright who scouted and appointed him, as thats his style, just look at how he stuck by Moyes. Im sure Thelweel and Frank are on the same page, slowly I also think the fans are starting to get behind him, but our fan base can easily turn, we have to be patient, im sure we will be fine if we all pull together.
Think we can all be guilty at times at jumping the gun and second guessing frank as manager. I myself have done, but it’s also to note that frank himself as said we will have up and downs and have a run if games of poor results. He understands where we are what’s are limits right now. We need to steady the course, stick through the bad and hopefully reap the rewards in the future. No guarantee in football, but you look at arsenal they stuck with Mikel even when majority of the fans wanted him gone. They look totally different team now with him being their 3 years.

Having seen the result this morning, I couldn't really enjoy the result off the back of our 3 losses. 2 plucky draws and no wins, or a surprise win with 2 losses would've made me excited about this win.

But I suppose we've found our level.
You couldn't enjoy a 3 nil win because we lost to 3 of the better teams in the league (2 of which away from home and one which a dodgy penalty changed the game)? Have you watched the goals?

Last edited:

Binned:
Keane, Kenny, Gomes, Delph, Allan, Dele, VdB, Davies, Tosun

Kept faith with:

Mykolenko, Gordon, Iwobi, Patterson

He dropped the 5 at the back and the 433 when he needed to

Frank makes good decisions. It might be a week or two later than we’d all like but he fixes the problems. We’ll be miles better off in the future if we just let him keep going.

Binned:
Keane, Kenny, Gomes, Delph, Allan, Dele, VdB, Davies, Tosun

Kept faith with:

Mykolenko, Gordon, Iwobi, Patterson

He dropped the 5 at the back and the 433 when he needed to

Frank makes good decisions. It might be a week or two later than we’d all like but he fixes the problems. We’ll be miles better off in the future if we just let him keep going.

I don't think he has binned Davies off, and should standards in the middle drop (or someone gets injured) I expect both that Davies will get a chance and that he will take it.

I don't think he has binned Davies off, and should standards in the middle drop (or someone gets injured) I expect both that Davies will get a chance and that he will take it.

I think he’s now 6th choice midfielder behind the starting three and Garner Doucoure. That’s a massive decline from before his injury where he was effectively first reserve and given the amount of injuries Allan and Doucoure would pick up he was playing most weeks and starting regularly.

I know the last three reuslts haven’t been great but we went away to Newcastle and Spurs and competed in the midfield. We no longer look like slow one paced players chasing after quicker opponents. Against Palace we were monstering them at times. Davies just can’t play this way, he’s just not quick enough.

Fabulous win for Frank, yesterday. This was, arguably, the most exciting performance of his tenure to date and justifies the patience many of us are prepared - albeit, reluctantly - to grant him. Most critically, it goes a long way to buying him time to get to January and reinforce up top - because that's the glaring missing piece of the jigsaw now. As posted on here, I thought we'd win, but 3-0 was emphatic and exciting.

The table looks a lot more healthy right now - but make no mistake, like half the league, we are in a relegation battle until we are not. I said Frank needed a bare minimum of five to six points from 12 to hold on to his job. He's got the first three. Let's drive on now to earn eight or nine points from these games and put down some roots for the rest of the season. But let's not get carried away. Reverse the open-top bus back into the garage and start collecting some points on a consistent basis between now and Qatar and we can all - including Frank, who looks like a cat on a hot tin roof at times - breathe a big sigh of relief.

Play like we did yesterday and more often than not we will beat the sides in the bottom half of the table. What I loved yesterday was we looked like a side with confidence which is even more impressive considering it was after 3 defeats. Last season there is absolutely no way we would have put in a performance like that. We would have been terribly negative and feeling sorry for ourselves. That's a massive improvement not only from last season but from the previous three games. We just have to back it up like we did against Southampton a few weeks ago with another win.

Status
Not open for further replies.