2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't help our wingers that we never once had overlapping fullbacks to create space and take players away. Every other ball to Gordon was a diagonal where he was expected to out jump Burn. He should have been moved to the other side against Trippier much sooner. Gray was far too isolated and always had 2 players on him. I'm sick of seeing Gordon play though. He adds absolutely nothing and is more of a liability. I wouldn't even have him on the bench. If we had bought him as opposed to being a local lad he'd be getting pelters from everyone and would be nowhere near the first team.

His attitude has gone down the pan this season. There's no work rate from him anymore and he's getting booked in every single game, more often than for acts of petulance.

I thought during the summer it was ludicrous that we didn't sell him at some of the figures thrown out in the media but will concede that there was a strong possibility that either the amounts offered by Chelsea or the payment structure of the deals may have been far less than what was rumoured.

That being said, we have left ourselves very short in attacking areas and that is even with Gordon being here. He demonstrated absolutely no end product last season so he should never have been viewed as Richarlison replacement by our decision makers, or indeed someone that we could rely on for a solid output. The goals at Brentford and Leeds were really good signs that gave me hope, but those games happened whilst the transfer window was open and maybe he was trying to force Chelsea's hand. Since it shut, he's done absolutely nothing of note whatsoever.

1*sz3x5iKbBV_iJ2-47CmfIA.jpeg

1666262334777.jpeg

It didn't help our wingers that we never once had overlapping fullbacks to create space and take players away. Every other ball to Gordon was a diagonal where he was expected to out jump Burn. He should have been moved to the other side against Trippier much sooner. Gray was far too isolated and always had 2 players on him. I'm sick of seeing Gordon play though. He adds absolutely nothing and is more of a liability. I wouldn't even have him on the bench. If we had bought him as opposed to being a local lad he'd be getting pelters from everyone and would be nowhere near the first team.
neither of them pass to an overlapping FB anyway. They always try to do too much themselves

If he played for any other club in the Premier League, I'd hate him.
Because he plays for us, I can just about tolerate him.
In truth, I'd be more than happy to trouser 40m and watch his diving and rolling antics for Chelsea or Spurs post-January so I can dislike him accortdingly and appropriately.
I think that ship has sailed can't see any offers over £25 million coming in now.

If he played for any other club in the Premier League, I'd hate him.
Because he plays for us, I can just about tolerate him.
In truth, I'd be more than happy to trouser 40m and watch his diving and rolling antics for Chelsea or Spurs post-January so I can dislike him accortdingly and appropriately.
Thing is, his diving for Chelsea or spurs would get penalties against the like of us.

In the space of a few months, he seems to have turned into a right tit! I suppose that's the Chelsea effect. Somebody needs to tell him that he's actually a bit [Poor language removed] at football, and looks a bad bad meff with that hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.