Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor - Frank's substitutions were poor needed to go 4- 4- 2 to try & get the equaliser ...... fullbacks poor - Gordon how did he stay on ? not one cross into the box by him ?

Gray will never ever be the required standard, ever. He wasn’t when we signed him and he’s not now. Gordon would be the same if he was 26, he’s got time to improve and easily could but is miles off where we need right now.
I didn't think Gray did too poorly tonight. He basically played by himself on the left. Gordon same thing on the other side but he acts a fool

I still think that people have got to remember where we're coming from and what is realistic this season. People are talking on here like we should have been good enough to turn over our last three opponents because we had a half decent window and got rid of some deadwood. We are not going to be turned overnight into a team that finishes top 6 and the sooner we start treating the last three losses and the two wins before it with a bit more of a level head the better. This is a season where we want to obviously finish as high as we can but can we have some realism please. Lampards job (after making us more solid) is to make us more potent up front and hopefully this next transfer window he'll be given some funds for attacking reinforcements.

Not all the players though. Are Gordon and Gray good? Nah. But they can be better with proper support and options.

…presume you mean better quality full backs and the answer to that is very clearly yes.

I’ve been consistent in my view from day one that Mykolenko is very ordinary, it’s been an unpopular view on here but I stand by it.

3 turd performances in a row. Horrifically bad in attack again. Frank and his team will deservedly be under serious scrutiny now. We can’t afford to be anywhere near the same situation we were in last season. Have we not learned ANY lessons?

And those thinking dcl was gonna start knocking them in, what a joke of a player. If there’s one player we can’t rely on it’s him.

Status
Not open for further replies.