2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it in the matchday thread, he reminds me of when Kane sulked after not getting the City move. He couldn't look less interested if he tried.

Walking back, backing out of tackles, no commitment or desire to play. He needs dropping for a while. His attitude stinks. Bullied all night and left Coleman exposed far too often. He's a liability to have in the team.

I said it in the matchday thread, he reminds me of when Kane sulked after not getting the City move. He couldn't look less interested if he tried.

Walking back, backing out of tackles, no commitment or desire to play. He needs dropping for a while. His attitude stinks. Bullied all night and left Coleman exposed far too often. He's a liability to have in the team.
The walking around the pitch really winds me up, can’t work out if he’s knackered or he just doesn’t care.

The goals against Brentford and Leeds earlier in the season filled me with a lot of confidence that this was a player who was rapidly improving, they were really impressive finishes on the left foot running at speed.

Since then he's been very ineffective. I make no apology about being very vocal and in the camp that he should have been sold in the summer, especially at some of the rumoured prices. I still hold that opinion even though it looked like he was going to go up a level this season in some of those earlier games.

It seems that he's far better on the left, and also far better away from home when he has space to run into. At Goodison he seems to get nullified very easily and becomes anonymous. Despite the fact that Gray is infuriating, he still gets heavily involved and sees lots of the ball even on his worst days. When Gordon isn't at it, it's like playing with 10 men. My biggest concern is his fitness, despite doing absolutely nothing against United, he still looked completely knackered coming off with about 25 minutes to go, which is surprising to say the least. A game out might do him good, although it's very annoying to lose his pace against an opponent who we will dominate us. To see him pick up 5 yellows already possibly points to a lack of maturity, he really shouldn't be getting that many in his position at this stage.

I wonder if whatever illness he had is affecting his stamina. He looked off it when he came in last week.

Not trying to find an excuse - hopeful that there’s an explanation other than apathy or just physical limits- iirc FSWs knock on him was he lacked the gas in the tank to go 90.

The goals against Brentford and Leeds earlier in the season filled me with a lot of confidence that this was a player who was rapidly improving, they were really impressive finishes on the left foot running at speed.

Since then he's been very ineffective. I make no apology about being very vocal and in the camp that he should have been sold in the summer, especially at some of the rumoured prices. I still hold that opinion even though it looked like he was going to go up a level this season in some of those earlier games.

It seems that he's far better on the left, and also far better away from home when he has space to run into. At Goodison he seems to get nullified very easily and becomes anonymous. Despite the fact that Gray is infuriating, he still gets heavily involved and sees lots of the ball even on his worst days. When Gordon isn't at it, it's like playing with 10 men. My biggest concern is his fitness, despite doing absolutely nothing against United, he still looked completely knackered coming off with about 25 minutes to go, which is surprising to say the least. A game out might do him good, although it's very annoying to lose his pace against an opponent who we will dominate us. To see him pick up 5 yellows already possibly points to a lack of maturity, he really shouldn't be getting that many in his position at this stage.
Spot on, especially Gray. Gray can wind me up with his decision making but he pushes the ball up the pitch. More than once this season where Gray is time after time doing so snd Gordon just not present in the attack.

He was poor but he was playing out of position against an experienced quality full back

He’s 21, he’s bound to have [Poor language removed] games

Hopefully he comes back for Palace with a point to prove

I wouldn't say he's started the season well at all. The 2 goals were good and he looked lively in both those games to be fair, but other than that he's ranged from average to awful.

Hes looked really off it last couple of games.

Very odd, as Brentford and Leeds he was very good, outside of the goals.

I do wonder if hes a bit more of a marked man now, and players are not as surprised by him.

I would have hoped our fanbase had learned some humility after Iwobi showed us up for the fat know nothing judgemental slugs that we are. When Gordon turns it around there will be a reckoning.

Erm...we saying his performances the past 2 seasons by Iwobi have been good then?

Gordon's attributes are running and being direct. When he's stopped doing that, he's useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.